Digidesign Structure Free user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
- Getting Started
- Digidesign's Structure Free is the free version of this software that I got free with Pro Tools 8. I don't know if it can be had for another version of Pro Tools or whatever, but I do know for sure that you get it for free when you purchase and get an upgrade to Pro Tools 8. Structure is basically a sampler that allows you to manipulate your sound in a variety of different ways. I didn't need to do anything to install and get the software running, as it took care of it all when I installed Pro Tools 8. I'm still learning all the ins and outs of the software, but the typical functions and parameters are pretty easy to follow and understand after a few uses. It is definitely a powerful piece of software, even in it's free form. There is a whole lot that you can do with it and it will certainly take some time to learn it all. However, if it's something that you think you'll be using a lot, I'd recommend getting the full version. I haven't seen a manual for this software, but next time I open it up I'm going to seek one out so I can get more familiar with it.
- I'm running Pro Tools LE 8 and Digidesign's Structure Free on a Mac Book Pro that has a 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 4 GB of RAM. I run Pro Tools with a Digi 002R audio interface, and within this configuration I can't say I've had a problem running this software. I generally don't have any issues within my home rig, as it is pretty sturdy and is able to handle a good amount. Having said this, I've only needed to run one of these within a session at a time, so if you're wondering about how well it would run if you wanted to run a bunch of them at once, I can't speak to that.
- Overall Opinion
- While I don't use this software enough to upgrade to the full version, I'm definitely happy to have the free version of Structure in my home rig, as there is still a lot that you can do with it even in this limited version. The full version doesn't cost too much, but until I feel I start to use this enough to warrant buying it, I'll stick with the free one. Like I said earlier, I don't really know if you can get this outside of Pro Tools 8, but I will say that if you have Pro Tools 8 you should definitely have checked out this by now. It's overall a very powerful piece of software and it's great that you get a free version of it with Pro Tools 8...
User reviews in other languages
- Getting Started
- Installation without problems with Mac OS 10.5
General configuration simple you just verify that the driver is the correct midi channel virtual "structure free to 1.2 etc. or b (and as many letters of plug ins open)
Problems with installing the ambox mini pc under XP so as to bp structure. on the mac, it runs itself with both with the digi box.
- On the mac book 2.16 and 1 g ram,
config super stable, not a bugg in 2 years or with pro tools or with the rest ...
No I have not tested it by loading the session max.
- Overall Opinion
- it's super convenient to pre-listen the sounds akai, emu and wav autre.n The ideal is to use to extract cd xtract with cdroms samplers akai / emu / roland on an external hd. You may read and load structure with all these banks of sounds and play.
We can start a component on a trip and then to use convertos hardware, it reloads the same sound in the sampler akai sxxxx or the emu Exxxx (dan smon case e5000 and s2000) and finalized in hardware.
What I like most is the apossibilité to have a provision in my vioyage soundbanks sampler hardware, thus begin the compounds. Classification tool and PFL sound banks, prove useful when one possesses a big sound bank.
As S It rained for free, what more?
Sbon be a sample player.
for the edition I do not my interested, I grind in hardware.
Great value for money, who already has a pro tools., 215 euros mbox 2 mini with Pro Tools 8 and ribembelle plug, it's great too.