Akai HV10 DecaBuddy user reviews
If you are not satisfied by the reviews below, feel free to request a user review for this product
- (Originally written by leudeline/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
- What kind of effects or effect types are available?
- - Is it easy to make settings?
- Is it easy to edit sounds or effects?
- Sound Quality
- - Are the effects effective, do they suit your application, do they sound real enough?
Yes. You shouldn't abuse them though. Main con: Unless you live in the far north and are used to blizzards, get prepared for some serious noise! And get your noise gates ready!
With which instruments do you use them?
For vocals only.
- Overall Opinion
- - How long have you been using it?
- Which feature do you like the most / the least?
Pros: the possibilities Cons: see above...
- Did you try any other models before buying it?
A TC elec..., but it's in a totally different league.
- How would you rate its value for money?
You pay for what you get...
- Based on your experience, would you buy this product again?
No, my impatience was a mistake. You'd better save and spend you money on a better unit (you won't be buying an effects processor every day).
User reviews in other languages
- And a vocal harmony available! A!
The vocal harmony is the rack version of the plugin is already known, why choose the rack rather than the plugin? for a more intuitive and does not depend on future OS developed by the great Bilou ... This is a digital system that can generate up to 10 voices (the original voice harmonized voices + 9) makes it 4 that generates harmonies simultaneously but each harmony voice can be doubled (and yours) creating a chorus effect. Rich in connection analog inputs (XLR and line). all mounted in a rack unit in good order. I regret the absence of a direct output without any effects that would have both channels output, voice and the harmonies ... The separate location south is limited to the IN and OUT but all parameters are accessible. With 100 presets divided into two banks (50A + 50B). All parameters are accessible voice settings: Volume, pan, delay times (very low), forming (18 levels from -9 to +9 = of male to female), correction of the pitch (for the harmonies only ) and setting the course harmonies harmonies ... The setting is complete and can be manufactured to suit its own Presset suites with its own harmonic melodies. The display level is unfortunately limited to 3 led to the microphone ... and no indication of the output signal.
- The general configuration and access to the menus are very simple and intuitive adjustment of harmony requires a good knowledge of music theory at least the design of agreements. Editing harmonies and associated parameters are very simple and many modes are included in the pilot's voice to control by noon, which is all the easier to implement. The manual is translated into French which is always significant in the use of devices even less complex than a Triton. The screen is large enough, the parameters have to edit more than 18 levels, so no need to display graphics.
Conclusion: The simple and intuitive are waiting for you.
- Sound Quality
- The biggest failure of this device is the breath that it generates and the lack of input limiter and a gate (while the difference with TC Helicon to 3 times the price of décabbudy). The establishment of a gate is required and the treatment of post registration breath to predict residual (noise reduction prepare!) The harmonies are delicate, the accuracy of your vocal chords will be strained, the automatic correction of heights note harmonies is programmable, but if you want to avoid making a robot choir, set this to 0 and just sing! The use of agreements in MIDI mode seems to be the best solution. It is necessary to bind a compressor inlet of the machine, adjust the input level of vagueness, the preamp used is not a very good quality, the use of a microphone is promoting acute advisor.
The generated harmonies are not really natural at first (an effect of phasing sensitive) do not use the chorus on their own ... The setting is correct formant no more.
Finally the sound is not bad, the harmonies on the edge of medium (with phasing sonnoritées ...) and breath this way too! The use of doctored version vocoder voice is very nice 5 Mobby Cher and it's both a good laugh. The lack of an effect section did not bother me, I have a midiverb4 and a Yamaha REV500 so ...
I posted a video:
This video is used to check the quality of form and function voicing.
You you shoe a quick idea about the quality of the DSP .... :-(
- Overall Opinion
- I have the camera for 4 days and 4 days since I tested, I think it is the ideal keyboard that should make choirs on stage (live application) by driving with a small midi keyboard.
The breath is really one big flaw is implying in the studio, after recording an additional processing and is therefore likely to accentuate the phasing already present, the choice of microphone is important, the device does not supply 48 volts the Using a preamp is required if you want to use something other than a dynamic microphone. Do not compare to a TC helicon both products do not play in the same way (all that is missing in the deca is present in the TC but it pays!)
You are doing live: Ok, you are the home studio: it may be useful although the time saved in achieving the harmonies can be lost in processing of breath.
If it again? I would say yes because rapprot money, then I did not want to wait six months to buy a TC Helicon at 800 Euros (VoiceWorks).
If an MP3 file interests you write me firstname.lastname@example.org