or
Create an account

or

Thread Addictive Drums 2

• 4 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 3 followers
1 Addictive Drums 2
I'm running Pro Tools 10.3 on Windows 7. I've been using Addictive Drums with no problems whatsoever. The problem began when I tried to use Addictive Drums 2. The first edition was RTAS, no issues. The problem with AD2 is that XLN no longer offers their plugins in RTAS format. I used the Fxpansion VST to RTAS wrapper and it shows AD2 to be wrapped. When I open PT it shows AD2 on the plugins list. When I select AD2 it starts to open it when the "access violation occurred unable to read location" error message pops up and this causes PT to shut down & close. Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...
If I understand your problem correctly, the solution should be a simple one. Addictive Drums 2 supports Avid's AAX format for plug-ins, as does Pro Tools 10, so you should be able to install Addictive Drums 2 into Pro Tools directly as an AAX plug-in — no wrappers necessary. If I were you, I would uninstall the "wrapped" version first, and make sure to download the latest version of Addictive Drums before installing the AAX version.
Problem solved! While attempting to wrap Addictive Drums 2 with Fxpansion's VST to RTAS Wrapper failed (miserably), the solution I found was to wrap AD2 with the Sugar Bytes TransVST v1.0 VST to AAX Wrapper. I run Pro Tools 10.3 which can run AAX plugins. The version of AD2 I have is the Standalone & 32 the Bit VST. It took a while but IT IS DONE...
Glad to hear that you solved your issue.
Wow, Brilliant Its look like that problem has been solved for few Members, But I am still looking for an Expert who can provide me a very cheap dissertation online services But must able to give me the best and Effective results, Payment can only released after you get the best results for me. Please let me know if you want to earn more money.