Korg Poly-61

Analog Synth from Korg .

babouche369 babouche369

«  A nice analog ... »

Published on 09/21/12 at 11:37
Everything has been said on the subject. I have the MIDI version (Poly 61 M). Moreover, the very basic MIDI impossible even to set the channel!

Use clear. The previous owner even gave me the original instructions, I just laminated curiosity. Approaches synths of the era: Poly Siel DK 800 or 80.

Ah, the sound! Good, very good. Certe simple but warm and round. Given the limited parameters, do not expect great wonders, but it sounds eigthies and I love it. I have not yet explored all combinations with my other synths / effects because I did that for 3 days, but I had fun with the arpeggiator which doubled one MS50, triggered by SQ10.
I have also a Trident mk2 (same time. Same brand) so that it excelled in ground and filter sweeps, Poly 61 best plays its role in rhythmic bass. For leads, add effects anyway.

I bought it mainly because it was cheap ($ 200 CAD), and pass a DX7 on stage. As such, I do not regret my purchase: it fulfilled its role perfectly.