Images
1/122
Focusrite iTrack Dock

Thread Focusrite iTrack dock

• 13 replies
  • 11 participants
  • 11 followers
1 Focusrite iTrack dock
Hey dudes ! I have iTrack dock at home and connected with my iPad Air. Mics and instruments inputs are pretty awesome, true clean! I have tested JAMUP, Amplitube, Garageband ,no latency, Killer sound!

After connecting my keyboard by MIDI 5 pin DIN to USB cabel - everything works in garage band, like keyboards organs etc.

Midi USB port doesnt work with active/passive USB HUB (tested),

BUT after connecting my FCB1010 no midi respond... i have using the same USB/MIDI cabel... Any idea why isnt working?
Show first post
Hi,
i have an itrack dock for about a year now, recording only through the audio in. I just got a MIDIPLUS AK490 USB/MIDI keyboard to try out the midi functions.
I was told it works with the iTrackDock, but when i was at the store, they couldn't get it to work although they swore it used to; it powers up, but just couldn't send out any MIDI notes.
I bought it anyhow and initially it didn't work as well on my setup with Cubasis. Then I started Audiobus and it worked! But when I rebooted everything, the keyboard stopped working again. So I tried out different permutations like switching to AC power on the keyboard, starting up the iTrack last etc, etc. Until finally I believe I got the right combination.
Connect and power up everything, make sure the keyboard is powered up via USB or AC.
Before launching Cubasis, hit any of the keys repeatedly, don't just hold down a key.
After Cubasis has launched, continue hitting the keys for a few more seconds until you hear output.

I think the trick is to keep sending MIDI notes to the iTrack while the music app is launching.

Hope this helps anyone who's having trouble with their keyboard.
Hmm, seems they push the launchkey product? Yes it's a pain so many of us are having to shell out for new keyboards....
Hey guys, do you know if the itrack dock will talk thru the iconnect4+???

I want to connect that with the novation circuit and the launchkey mini....plus my nord electro 5d
Hi Faluquilombo,

This is not tested by us so not supported. It may work but we doubt it. Sorry

Best regards,

Alex Bull // Focusrite Technical Support