Ampeg SVT-4 Pro

SVT-4 Pro, Bass Guitar Amp Head from Ampeg in the SVT Pro series.

• Increase or decrease font size
  • RSS

All user reviews of 1/5 for the Ampeg SVT-4 Pro

Average Score:4.6( 4.6/5 based on 10 reviews )
 9 reviews90 %
 1 user review10 %
Not satisfied with those reviews?Request a new review
Buy at Sweetwater
MGR/Kevin05/21/2003

MGR/Kevin's review"Ampeg SVT-4 Pro"

Ampeg SVT-4 Pro
I received an SVT 4 Pro through Ampeg's Artist Relations Dept. I ran it through every possible combination listed in the owners manual while using Ampeg SVT410HLF and SVT210HE cabs. I set the pre amp volume so that the clip light came on during the strongest signals as recommended in the owners manual. I had to turn the master up to 3/4 or higher in order to be heard with a relatively low stage volume blues band. I returned the head and received another one and had the same problem. I went to a local music store and played through their's and also was unable to obtain an acceptable volume level. In fact my GK 800 RB has more balls! After calling Ampeg, I traded my cabinets in for an SVT 810. I still must crank the volume to over 3/4 in order to be heard clearly even during rehearsal. We are not a loud band. The most I ever turned my GK up was to 1/2 and that was at an outdoor gig. I am disappointed by the lack of balls the SVT4PRO has. I expected more. I have run it bi-amped, mono, stereo, bridged and I still can't get the volume that I should. The tone is phenomenal but what good is it if you can't hear it. I am playing quality basses, 76 Fender Precision, 78 Fender Jazz and Musicman Stingray 5 String with active electronics. If I push in the DB pad button while using the Musicman (as recommended for active electronics), I can barely hear it at all. I expected much much more from Ampeg. I used vintage tube heads for years and I am disappointed with the current Ampeg product line.