Start & Run Your Own Record Label Book
Start & Run Your Own Record Label is described as a comprehensive guidebook, with how-to information about market trends and revenue streams for music releases.
In addition to updated information on physical distribution, generating publicity, marketing, and promotion, it also includes:
- Balancing on-and offline promotion (pages 272-275)
- Making the most of online resources such as social-networking sites (page 295), blogs (page 305), ringtones (page 284), videos (page 303)
- Using digital distribution profitably (pages 272-284)
- Licensing your recordings for use in the media (pages 195-201)
- Marketing music overseas (pages 172-182)
Schwartz compiled new interviews with industry professionals and artists, including Daniel Glass (founder, Glassnote Entertainment), blogger Perez Hilton,recording artist CJ Baran (Push Play), Jed Carlson (founder, ReverbNation), recording artist Ingrid Michaelson, Jennifer Nielsen, marketing manager of YouTube, MP3 bloggers, music-magazine editors, publicists and more.
About the Author:
Daylle Deanna Schwartz presents herself as the first white female rapper and then president of her own record label, Revenge Records.
For more information, visit www.randomhouse.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Peace Love Productions Warped Space Trilogy This bundle combines all three Warped Space releases - 1,180 loops (2gb download in three parts) total.
- Equinox Sounds Subconscious Dubstep Equinox Sounds has released Subconscious Dubstep, a downloadable loop pack containing 12 Dubstep and Grime construction kits.
- Sounds And Effects DLPak1: Asia & Pacific Drums & Perc Sounds And Effects announces that the 3rd in it's series of ethnic drums and percussive sounds for Akai's MPC 'Asia and Pacific Drum and Percussion for MPC' is now available.