Universal Audio LA-610 MK II
Universal Audio has announced the shipment of the LA-610 Mk II Classic Tube Recording Channel, a feature enhanced, 2nd generation version of UA's analog product.
The preamp and compressor use the same signal path as the original LA-610, and features the 610 mic-pre and EQ section combined with an LA-2A style T4 opto-compressor. The LA-610 Mk II now offers key enhancements such as: true compressor bypass, larger metering, improved output signal performance, and the highly popular "black on black" cosmetics of the LA-610 Signature Edition.
LA-610 Mk II KEY FEATURES:
- Based on Legendary Bill Putnam 610 Tube Mic Pre and EQ Used on Countless Recordings Authentic Teletronix LA-2A-style T4 Opto-Compressor
- Complete Vintage Channel-Strip at Groundbreaking Price Within Project Studio Reach
- Mic Pre with Gain and Level controls, Selectable Impedance and DI for Recording Tone "Color"
- Mk II Features such as True Bypass, Larger Metering and Improved Signal Output
- UA Build Quality and Heritage, Audiophile Components, Hand-Assembled in the USA
Mk II IMPROVEMENTS:
- True Bypass of the Compressor Circuit
- Larger and Better Lit Metering
- Improved Output Signal Performance
- Auto-Sensing Universal Power Supply
- Improved stability with feedback-style shelving EQ
- Improved consistency with Input Gain values
- LED Jewel Light Never Needs Replacing
The LA-610 will have an MSRP of US$1999 and a MAP of US$1599.
Viewers of this article also read...
- SPL 2Control SPL launches a new member of their controller family at the AES convention: the new 2Control.
- DiGiCo SD8 console Hot on the heels of the SD7, launched this time last year, comes the launch of the next in the SD Series, the SD8 and it is already set to take to the road.
- FAR XM Range ATD2 Presents FAR XM Range at the AES Convention.