Enlarge
SeriesCockos Reaper

Thread OBS Audio Sync/Monitor Playback Question

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 OBS Audio Sync/Monitor Playback Question
Hey guys,

I have a problem where I am streaming drums on twitch. Here is the gear/software that I use, I will then explain the situation/problem I have:

Gear/Software:
Focusrite 18i20
Reaper
OBS
Voxengo
Virtual Audio Cable
Spotify

Situation/Problem:
I plug all my microphones into the Focusrite, run Reaper and everything is great. I can get the levels to where I want and everything sounds good. I use OBS to broadcast my stream. To get the audio from Reaper to OBS I need to use Voxengo and Virtual Audio Cable and have that audio captured separately from my desktop audio. The audio sends fine, although initially it's a little delayed to my desktop audio, which is where I am playing spotify from. I use spotify for the covers that I play. I just delay the desktop audio by 285ms and everything syncs up great. I record some short videos and everything is in sync and when I stream it is for the first 15-30 minutes. After 15-30 minutes the desktop audio and my audio from reaper/voxengo falls out of sync. Any reason why it may initially be great and then it falls off?

I thought of plugging my phone into the Focusrite mixer and using it as a separate input to then send with all of the drum audio at the same time with voxengo. This works fine so far, although I don't want to hear any playback from my drums while I am streaming. It's far too off putting when I am listening to a backing track and the way I have achieved this before was to mute the master audio. Voxengo is put as an FX on the master track. The audio still sends through voxengo, although I can't hear the audio through my headphones. That's what I want until I plug my phone in to hear the backing track music (spotify) If I turn the monitors off on reaper, the audio still sends through the headphones. I can't have only the input of my phone playing through my headphones without everything from my mixer coming through my headphones, no matter if I have the monitors as on/auto/off. It doesn't matter, it always comes through.

Any ideas at all on how I can have the spotify audio synced with my drums live on stream as well as all I can hear through my headphones is the backing track from spotify with all the gear that I have?

Here is a video of the recent stream. You will see near 20 minutes that the audio starts to fall out of sync: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/261863672

Hopefully I explained this well enough. Please ask any questions you may have about settings or anything else that you may need.

Thanks in advance!
I'm also interested in sync Reaper DAW in streaming