MeldaProduction MCompressor [Freeware]
EldaProduction has released MCompressor, a new plug-in for Windows that provides standard compression with volume maximization and has adjustable compression shape, which gives you power to set custom smoothing or even interesting sound effects.
- Standard and custom compression shapes: Using user shapes you can easily create various dynamic effects such as expansion, gate or even "some extraordinary shapes for rhythmization".
- Actual source level indication inside the shape graph: You always know what dynamic value you can actually expect on the input and output.
- Signal maximization: Compressors lower the signal above a threshold. MCompressor can compensate the reduction to ensure that if the source has reached 0dB the result will too. This is especially useful for mastering, since you want to maximize loudness and use the entire bit resolution.
- Hard, linear and smooth knee with adjustable size.
- Standard general parameters: Input gain, Attack and Release.
- Fully automatable (except for the custom shape graph).
- Global preset management: using a title button you can save your settings, which are shared on the computer, so you can easily access them in other songs.
Pricing & Availability
MCompressor is available as a VST Effect plug-in for Windows. It is free for non-commercial use. For commercial use you have to purchase a licence key for €30. This upgrades all "free" VST plugins that MeldaProduction releases to a "professional" version, which adds:
- You can save your own presets.
- Most plugins can perform upsampling which minimizes aliasing, therefore it is useful to improve sound quality.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Loopmasters Deeper House 6pod9 Deeper House is a Sample Pack which features up and coming producer 6Pod9, who has put together a selection for producers of Deep, Minimal and Tech House.
- ReFX Vanguard v1.8 ReFX has updated Vanguard to v1.8 and announced the availability of Synthation's Vanguard Essentials expansion direct from reFX (this is the exact same soundset Synthation.net has offered for the past three years).
- Voxengo Updates Elephant to v3.1 Voxengo has updated Elephant to v3.1.