VSL Announces MIR Reverb Engine
The Vienna Symphonic Library has announced Vienna MIR, a software solution incorporating a reverberation and mixing stage, with its first incarnation being ready for download in early 2009.
An advanced DVD product will follow several months later.
Vienna MIR, Multi Impulse Response Mixing & Reverberation:
- A multi-impulse response convolution engine.
- A holistic orchestral mixing solution with a graphical user interface.
- A stereo or multi-channel output stage designed to « revolutionize » your arranging and mixing work-flow.
- Specialized impulses of line arrays in 60° steps in six horizontal directions as well as upwards and downwards.
- Up to 40 sectors per stage for instrument placement, with interpolation between sectors for seamless transitions.
- Up to 5,000 individually recorded impulse responses for each room, depending on the size of the stage and the number of microphone positions.
- Instrument-specific algorithms according to individual directional frequency profiles.
- Four-channel Ambisonics recordings for output in various stereo and surround formats (up to 8 output channels).
- Recorded from up to four selected positions – from the conductor’s rostrum as well as from the audience perspective.
- Graphic user interface with innovative multi-parameter control icon.
- Real-time playing mode (low latency for arranging) and mixing mode (higher latency due to larger buffer size for calculating up to 20,000 convolutions during mix-down).
- VST/AU inserts for each instrument channel as well as the master channel.
- Character Presets for timbral changes, available for most Vienna Instruments.
- GUI features such as Instrument Grouping, Hide Icon, Scroll Zooming etc.
Vienna MIR Download Edition:
- Available in Q2 2009
- Stand-alone application for Windows XP/Vista 64 systems
- Runs exclusively with Vienna Instruments
- Includes five halls of the Vienna Konzerthaus
Vienna MIR Premium Edition:
- Boxed product, multiple DVD-ROMs
- Available in Q3 2009
- Stand-alone application and VST/AU plug-in for OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and Windows XP/Vista 64 systems
- Open for Vienna Instruments as well as any third party VSTi or other external audio signals
- Additional acoustic spaces
For more info, check out vsl.co.at/en/65/71/393/1165.vsl.