Audacity Updated To v1.3.7 (Beta)
The Audacity Team have announced the release of Audacityv1.3.7 (Beta) for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux/Unix.
This is primarily a bug-fix release designed to improve stability and usability, especially on Mac OS X. It incorporates some new features too, including DirectSound device support for Windows.
Cross-Platform Bug Fixes include:
- Muting/soloing caused incorrect channel results in exported stereo files.
- Nyquist effects: pasted unmodified audio into the result, no progress bar, truncation of processed audio on cancel.
- Noise Removal: pasted unmodified audio into the result, unwanted filtering tail.
- Uncompressed exports:
o Export as WAV could be corrupted if overwriting to same file.
o Export multiple to uncompressed formats only produced 16-bit WAV.
- Compressed exports:
o MP3 exports now produce correct bit rate mode, quality and length, with improved metadata visibility in player applications.
o WMA exports containing metadata are now correct.
- Restored support for multi-channel recording devices that can record more than two channels using Audacity.
Platform-specific Bug Fixes:
- Windows Vista: Fixed crash opening Preferences with no sound devices enabled and connected.
- Mac OS X and Linux:
o Fixes for spurious clipping, label typing, no shortcuts after running effects.
o Project rate now always changes to respect that of first imported file.
- Mac OS X only:
o Fixes for inactive or corrupted menus and hidden dialogues, portable settings not detected, and inability to set independent Command and Control shortcuts.
o FFmpeg installer now available.
- F11 Full Screen mode, "Sliding Time Scale/Pitch Shift" effect, Audio Contrast Analyzer.
- Windows: sound devices can now be opened using the more efficient DirectSound API.
- As a first step towards improving latency correction, a fixed rather than variable correction is now applied.
- Minor interface fixes and improvements.
For more info, visit audacity.sourceforge.net.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Audio Ease Updates Speakerphone For Mac Audio Ease has updated Speakerphone for Mac OS X to v1.1.1.
- Thirty Two Audio Releases New Software Thirty Two Audio has released several free VST effect plug-ins for Windows: Multiband Expander, Stereo Audio/MIDI Gate, Simple Stereo Gate and Mix Compressor.
- MeldaProduction Updates Free Plug-ins MeldaProduction has released updates for its free VST plug-ins.