5 octaves with excellent synth hit. Checkers + 8 faders for direct access.
2x64 patch (bank A and B) + 2x16 performance (bank A and B), 160 total sounds plus the users. Chorus and reverb effects. 8 multitimbral parts. Polyphony 28 voices. 2 card slots and PCM ROM + RAM or expansion card slots SR-JV80.
Pretty easy to use, manual not very logical cons.
The sounds are very good for me, flat sheet and soft pads dynamic and powerful effects not bad, for the rest nothing special. I love this synth, it's fine to complement the rest of my equipment ... (M1, D-50, JP8000, micro korg, TR-707 etc ...)
I use it for 13 years. There is nothing I do not like about this synth. It is robust. On occasion very good value for money!
I would do that choice again!
5 of 5 people found this review helpful
Did you find this review helpful?yesno
Anonymous 's review (This content has been automatically translated from French)
- Features well-known architects, it would be repetition. Of course, now, at any point of view, this machine is short of everything that is done.
- The general configuration is it simple? Yes, everything is clear and the faders allow editing of parameters depending on the context.
- Publishing of sound effects or is it easy? Yes but this is only sample player that does not go very far also.
- The manual is clear and sufficient? He never served ...
- The sounds they are suitable to your style of music? Yes pretty good (well at the time I had)
- Are they feasible? Certainly not, especially now when the acoustic sounds are ridiculous, and the synth sounds of it seen and reviewed by Roland (it always is also home ...).
- The effects are they effective and responsive? They are adapted to the machine no less.
- The expression is good? (Response to velocity, aftertouch in) Yes it's going for a synth of the time.
- How long have you use it? I owned 15 years ago and held almost a year.
- What is so special that you like most and least?
Assets: Easy editing, rapid results.
Cons: Polyphony (even then), acoustic sounds mediocre.
- Have you tried many other models before buying it? Two / Three but it is above my budget or poor.
- How would you rate the quality / price? At the time, pretty good I must admit.
- With experience, you do again this choice? I did not regret it. Surely now, this machine is not peanuts is a JD-800, however I had a good time.