Guild D55
MGR/CactusAV8R MGR/CactusAV8R

« Guild D55 »

Publié le 11/22/02 à 15:00
While searching for an upgraded guitar to buy, I asked the salesman which would he want to play. He went straight for the Guild D55. I asked why that one and not one of the over $4,000 Martins. He began to play, and I began to see why. Beautiful. I bought it on sale for $1899 and got an additional $190 instant cash back rebate from a Fender rep. who was promoting Fender stuff.

It's sound is amazing! The tone, the sustain, the volume are all way better than any of the Martins in the store or any other guitar in the shop, many of which were much more expensive. The workmanship is flawless, it is a very striking guitar. I got the antique sunburst. I can't say enough about how great this thing sounds, and it is a joy to play. Great action with an easy playing neck. It also feels just right when held.

What I don't like is that I'm taking a small chance on Fender's Corona, CA factory. The rep. present said they took some wheight out of the thing at the headstock and other places, and I really hope it proves to be as sturdy as the original Guilds. Time will tell, but obviously I have enough faith to plunk down my hard earned cash! It is VERY well made. I think Fender is trying really hard to live up to the Guild legacy, the attention to detail and the sound shows it.

I have to say the guitar is flawless! I went over it with a fine tooth comb and I was happy to find it made so well. The fit, finish and craftsmanship are above what I expected. I live in AZ where the humidity ranges from 12% to 30%-pretty low for a guitar. Guild's tank like reputation appealed to me, as well as it's sound. Like I said, time will tell how sturdy it is, but it seems stronger than the other makes I looked at by a long shot.

I really love this guitar. It is gorgeous to look at, a pleasure to hold and play, and it sounds fantastic. A full well ballanced tone that is rich and bright at the same time. How do they do that? I could swear there are ghosts inside the way it sustains. I know I'm gushing, but hey, I'm in love. I got an awesome guitar for about half the price of anything that sounds close to this one. It blows other brands at this price out of the water.