Guild D55
MGR/Anonymous MGR/Anonymous

« Guild D55 »

Publié le 04/04/03 à 14:00
I purchased this guitar brand new through a friend who works for Fender.
I got the "inside" price - and let's just say that I got a sweet deal.
Normally, these list for $2600.00, street price is around $1700.00.

This was THE guitar I lusted after for years. I would try other guitars here and there,
but none matched the quality, resonance and feel of this D55. I was finally able
to purchase a nice Corona made sunburst rosewood model and I've been in guitar heaven ever since!

Nothing - everything is great. Oh, well, the hardshell case is first rate, but I wish Guild
stuck to their older arched Guild embossed hardshell cases...the new Corona cases
are simply black. The logo would have been nice.

AAA solid spruce top, solid Indian rosewood back and sides, ebony fretboard and bridge,
abalone and mother of pearl inlays on the neck and rosette. First rate quality
materials and construction. This thing is solid and heavy - a tank. The playibility and
neck, however, are smooth and rich and easy to fret. The smell - it's dark, nutty and woody -
real wood here! Everything is awesome about this guitar!

The best guitar for the money on the planet. It outbooms Martins, Larrivees and higher end
guitar makers like Santa Cruz and Collings. The D55 is a warrior and the thick, smooth
and resonant sound of this thing when it plays is wonderful. I can't say enough good things
about this precious Guild D55!