Universal Audio UAD-1 Ultra Pak
Universal Audio UAD-1 Ultra Pak

UAD-1 Ultra Pak, DSP Board from Universal Audio in the UAD-1 series.

Kripto 09/09/2005

Universal Audio UAD-1 Ultra Pak : Kripto's user review

• Partager
"I had no room and even less money to m provide an LA-2A, Fairchild, Pultec etc to put one in my studio.
I turn on a Mac G5 with Cubase SX3 bipro and wheelbarrows.
"I had need of something tough to mix and was the only alternative to it.
The 5-band parametric eq Cambridge is a killer, since I have tested, I have no desire at all (that was already limited before ...) to use those of Cubase. The different compressors and other processing tools are truly formidable.
The reverb is great, especially the Plate 140 (j that uses it primarily on drums and percussion) and DreamVerb for creating a reverb tailored for everything and don 't matter why taking into account the materials of the room, the moisture in the air etc ...
I have not really tested the Pro Realverb but also to air on its promises.

The installation is the doights in the nose for just that one respects the order of install: the software first, then the PCI card.
One small problem though: it is imperative to connect the product to enrgistrer and so get the code that will turn the beast. The site is in English and for those who are limited on that side, it can cause problems.
No incompatibility.
The config is a breeze.
The crisis is still relevant, it seems, passke y 'no paper manual, that is all in PDF on the installation CD and all in English.
Otherwise, yes, the manual is clear and there is a user manual detailed for each plug.

GETTING STARTED

The drivers, at least to me, is a stability of reinforced concrete. For updates, I do not know if it there is often, and given the quality and performance of wild product, it m astonishment that there is often. Except perhaps in relation to the evolution of the OS that accueuillent. Which seems logical.

It's been a month since I have and I like all that into it.
The feature that I like most is the fact that the plugs are managed by a dedicated CPU, which can make concessions to the process of the computer.
What I like least, that is, precisely, the CPU to the PCI card lacks a little power ... But hey, that is very suggestive of this and all depands on what we bump.
In every way we can add the first three cards.
The ratio Q / P is excellent and I would do this choice with his eyes closed. In fact, I 'already planning to take another one of those four.