Brainworx bx_dynEQ 2
Brainworx has released a Public Beta of version 2.0 of bx_dynEQ. The full version will go on sale on March 28th, 2011.
bx_dynEQ V2 is the new version of the original dynamic M/S EQ by Brainworx. bx_dynEQ V2 still contains a "regular" stereo and mono version. Updates will be available for V1 users and bx_bundle customers.
The concept of the bx_dynEQ V2 is a new approach to dynamic EQ-ing, using M/S features and the new "Inverse Mode". bx_dynEQ V2 is a mini-bundle in itself, containing bx_dynEQ mono, bx_dynEQ stereo (L/R) and bx_dynEQ stereo (M/S).
The M/S version introduces a "cross-feed" M/S feature, which allows M & S signals to actually "trigger" each other. A selection of filter types including the Brainworx band-pass filters and their Bass-Shift and Presence Shift filters are designed to make this EQ an engineers swiss knife.
The new External Sidechain Input is designed to let your mixes pump in sync with individual signals.
The new Inverse Mode is designed to allow for new sounds and results beyond the average for mixing, mastering and sound-design.
bx_dynEQ V2 can be used in various situations:
- De-Essing (individual tracks, subgroups and master channel).
- Dynamic EQing of mono-, stereo- and M/S signals.
- Bass-drum tuning in final mixes and drum groups.
- Dynamic stereo-widening using the internal M/S features.
- M/S compression and limiting.
- "booming up" mixes and drum groups.
Main features bx_dynEQ V2:
- 1-band and 2-band dynamic EQ.
- Mono, multi-mono and stereo (L/R & M/S).
- Brainworx filters.
- Filter types for both, main audio path and sidechain: low & high shelving, peak bands, band-pass filters, high-pass, low-pass, bass-shift, presence-shift.
- New solo modes.
- New "Inverse Mode".
- New external sidechain input.
- M/S inside... M/S stereo width control on any stereo channel.
- M/S cross-feed feature.
- Dedicated BYPASS switch in the plug-in GUI.
- "Mouse Over" feature: adjust the parameters by holding the mouse over a knob and turn your mouse wheel.
- Direct access: just type in a valid number into the text fields for access to the exact value.
- EQ panel with multi-mode EQ display (actual EQ-curves & sidechain filter curves).
Viewers of this article also read...
- Sinevibes Frequency & Oscillator Sinevibes has announced the release of two new AudioUnit plug-ins for Mac OS X: Frequency and Oscillator.
- Spectrasonics Bob Moog Tribute Library Spectrasonics launched a multi-faceted tribute to honor the legacy of synthesizer pioneer Dr. Robert Moog.
- NASPRO v0.2.90 The NASPRO development team has announced the release of version 0.2.90 of NASPRO