Steinberg Cubase Elements 6

Cubase Elements 6, General Sequencer from Steinberg in the Cubase Elements series.

• Increase or decrease font size
  • RSS

All user reviews of 5/5 for the Steinberg Cubase Elements 6

Not satisfied with those reviews?Request a new review
sudenuni07/30/2011

sudenuni's review"A very good sequencer"

Steinberg Cubase Elements 6
Installed in 2min, clocked. No printed manual...Paper saves a lot of money! The authorization with challenge code is easy, however you need to follow a whole procedure to get a new code after reformatting, for example. One star less due to that.

I recently put together a new Sandy Bridge-based system with a Core i5 2500K @ 4.2GHz processor, an Asus P8P67 EVO motherboard and 8Gb of Corsair Vengeance memory. My OS (Windows 7 Pro - 64 bits, obviously), Cubase 6 Elements and my VSTs are installed on a 128GB SSD Crucial M4.

I'm really happy because everything is really stable and works really well with my Presonus FP10 soundcard. I've had no issues with my 64-bit VSTs (Superior Drummer 2, TH2 Overloud, PodFarm 2.5...). The only snag is that the Cubase VST bridge works fine with some of my 32-bit plug-ins (Sampletank 2.5), but not so with others (TSE 808, which makes Cubase crash, but it's the VST Bridge process that makes it crash, so you only need to kill the process and everything's fine).

But since I don't need 36 different plug-ins, I don't have much to complain about. Besides, it's time to turn the 32-bit page, anyway. Half a star less due to VST Bridge, if you really need 32-bit VSTs you have jBridge as alternative.

I've been using it intensively for a month and I'm quite satisfied with it. True, the software is limited in this version, but as far as I'm concerned, it has everything I need (I'm not a pro, nor a beginner). The interface is nice, very pleasant to work with, although it would be nice that they revisited the usability of the menus one day...

I also tested Sonar X1 and Presonus Studio One. Sonar didn't really do it for me, but Studio One isn't bad at all with its window management (compared to Cubase's poor Transport Panel). In the end, I stayed with Steinberg because a DAW of this quality that works at 64 bits and costs less than $100 is hard to beat ;)

And if you think the software is incomplete, you can always upgrade to a more comprehensive version for a very attractive price.