Willow Software Updates Anvil Studio
Willow Software has updated the free version of Anvil Studio, version 2012.01.01, to act as a host for VST-Instruments.
With an external MIDI keyboard, Anvil Studio can now be used for multi-track sound-on-sound recording, and real-time performance.
Announced changes in version 2012.01.01:
- The free version of Anvil Studio now includes access to a single VST-Instrument. This provides new sounds and overcomes latency problems with the Microsoft GS Wavetable synthesizer.
- With the Pro-Mix accessory a song can play to several VST-Instruments and MIDI Out ports at the same time.
- The free version supports audio sample rates up to 48,000 samples per second.
- With Multi-Audio 1/8 accessory, it supports sample rates as high as your soundcard supports, up to 192,000 samples per second.
- View / Options / General can now assign Ctrl+V to shortcuts, e.g. Edit / Paste Insert, Edit / Paste Over, Edit / Paste Mix, Edit / Paste Special, etc.
- The menus Edit / Insert Rests into All Tracks and Edit / Delete Selection from All Tracks are now also enabled when editing Audio tracks. When used, they ask if change is to apply to all Audio and/or all MIDI tracks. It lets you select units from Measures, quarter notes, ... Audio Samples, Milliseconds.
- When the Multi-Audio 8/16 is installed, you can record to MIDI and Audio tracks simultaneously.
- When multiple display monitors are available, Anvil Studio starts up in the same monitor it was in when it last closed. In previous versions, it always started up in the primary display monitor.
- The new version works with more VST-Instruments including DSK_SF2. Works better with 32-bit int ASIO drivers.
- If you have a VST-Instrument or DirectX effect that doesn't work with Anvil Studio.
- A problem with the Piano Roll / Rhythm editor's Snap-to-grid control was fixed.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Analog Factory Frequency Transformations analogfactory starts 2012 with a new preset library for Native Instruments FM8.
- Audiobro LA Scoring Strings 2 LA Scoring Strings 2.0 (LASS) brings you a new set of tools and sonic profiles.
- sonicLAB Cosmosf sonicLAB has released Cosmosƒ, a stand-alone synthesizer application for Mac OS X.