AuthorsPosts

Mike Levine

user offline
Mike Levine
1063 posts
AFicionado

1 Posted on 10/01/2015 at 15:41:41Direct link to this post
If You're Thinking of Getting a Pedalboard - Part 1
Whether you’re upgrading to a new pedalboard, switching over from an all-in-one digital unit, or getting your first pedalboard, there are endless options. The aim here is to give you the info you need to buy or build a pedalboard that will work for your situation.

Read the article

This thread was created automatically after the publishing of an article. Feel free to post your comments here!

CaliMoose

user offline
CaliMoose
121 posts
AFfinity Poster

2 Posted on 10/02/2015 at 05:36:39Direct link to this post
Wow Mike, great article and great timing, because I just so happen to be putting together my first pedalboard :)

I never knew the Pedalboard Planner tool existed, and it's a hugeee help, so thanks for that!

I've already researched which pedals I want. I've actually been using the classifieds section on Audiofanzine to get them, otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford the pedals :)

So far, here's what I got, in the order I plan on using them : Visual Sound Jekyl & Hyde, EHX Micro POG, Morley PWV, TC Ditto X2.

I plan on adding a PolyTune Mini (to start the pedalboard) and, most importantly, a Strymon BlueSky or Flint to finish the board off (I'm in LOVE with those pedals, but they're so darn expensive, especially here in Europe...).

Quick question: do you know if I need a transformer or multiple power bricks for when using the pedals in Europe vs the US?

Using the PedalBoard planner you mentioned, here's how it's gonna look:

Hopefully that'll leave enough room for 2-4 pedals down the road, as we all know how bad GAS gets :)

Mike Levine

user offline
Mike Levine
1063 posts
AFicionado

3 Posted on 10/02/2015 at 13:10:52Direct link to this post
Quote:
Quick question: do you know if I need a transformer or multiple power bricks for when using the pedals in Europe vs the US?

If there are pedalboard power supplies that can run at dual voltages, I'm not aware of them. I think the best bet is to buy pedals and power supply in the U.S. and then get a transformer to step the 220V power in Europe down to 120V. I would check with the power supply manufacturer about what exactly is needed first, though. You don't want to accidentally fry anything.
Go back to top