Create an account

or

Thread [Getting started] The Top Virtual Pianos

• 2 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 1 follower
1 [Getting started] The Top Virtual Pianos
The Top Virtual Pianos
So, you have an 80 square foot room but you feel Glenn's Gould spirit burning inside you? Don't worry! Long gone are the days when you had to depend on 800-lb Steinways to play a chord. Thanks to VSTi developers we now have many prestigious pianos that weigh nothing and fit comfortably on the hard drive of a laptop ... Join me and I'll present to you the best 88-note options out there!

Read the article

This thread was created automatically after the publishing of an article. Feel free to post your comments here!
I need to get the Pianoteq to add to my studio arsenal. Crazy small footprint!

Been using Ivory Steinway lately (used to default to the Yamaha) - like most virtual pianos, it has strengths and weaknesses, but it works pretty well for me. I'm continually tweaking the parameters to try to make it feel and sound more like a piano... not sure I'll every be completely happy.

[ Post last edited on 06/15/2013 at 07:27:55 ]

https://weddingmusicproject.bandcamp.com/album/wedding-processional-songs-for-brides-bridesmaids

You can hear some samples of the IVORY STEINWAY in action on songs 1, 4, 8, 11 and more. I was going through a phase where I was producing some lullaby songs as well, so a couple of these err on the mellow side - I may go back at some point and tweak the velocities and/or eq to brighten them just a touch. I've geeked with the sound enough that this doesn't really sound that much like a Steinway! But if you get Ivory, the Steinway sounds much more like you would expect than what you're hearing on these recordings. More point, much less mellow, and so forth.

[ Post last edited on 06/15/2013 at 07:38:13 ]