Create an account

or

Thread Comments about the feature article: Why We Compress

• 6 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 4 followers
1 Comments about the feature article: Why We Compress
Why We Compress
In this second installment dedicated to dynamics processing during mixdown, we'll take some time to discuss the whys before moving on to the hows.

Read the article

This thread was created automatically after the publishing of an article. Feel free to post your comments here!
I created an account just because you mentioned Radiohead's "Nude" :D:

In Rainbows is the only album I've ever listened to where I never want to skip a single song (except mayyyyybe Faust Arp).

I actually always wondered how that sound was created in the chorus. I didn't know it was compression, I always thought it was a sample of sorts, and that the guitar was just playing single notes
Yeah, I'm also in love with this album :aime:

As for the guitar sound, I honestly don't have any clue how Nigel Godrich made it so you might be right about the sample thing ;)

But I know for sure that I can get a pretty close result with compression ;)
Nearly can't wait for next week :bravo:
Nearly can't wait for next week :bravo:

I see it is also in French on the other side of your site ! Great work ! Great bilingual work !

As a matter of fact, I'm french :) So those articles are first written in french, than someone from our team translates them in english. And I must say that he's doing a fantastic job ! Hats off man :bravo: