Gibson merges the ES and the Les Paul
Traditional guitar manufacturer aficionados always ask for new shapes. Gibson listened and innovates by combining two classics.
Gibson Memphis combined a solid-body Les Paul Standard to a semi-hollow ES-335 and introduces today the ES-Les Paul, a semi-hollow guitar with a Les Paul shape.
- Laminated maple semi-hollow body
- Solid mahogany center block
- 2 f-holes
- Mahogany set neck
- Rosewood fingerboard with 12” radius and Trapeze pearl inlays
- Cream bindings
- Nut width: 1.670”
- Les Paul-type headstock
- Kluson Single Ring tuners with Tulip buttons and 15:1 ratio
- 2 MHS (Memphis Historic Spec) Custom Bucker AL3 (neck) and AL5 (bridge) pickups, wounded to reproduce the vintage PAF tone
- 2 volume and 2 tone knobs, 3-way pickup switch
- Ceramic capacitors
- ABR bridge and Stop Bar tailpiece
- Nickel plated hardware
- Nitrocellulose Light Burst or Black Top finishes with Walnut Stained back and sides
- Ships with a hardshell and a Gibson Memphis certificate of authenticity
The Gibson ES-Les Paul MSRP is $2799. Discover this new model at www.gibson.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Gibson celebrates Lucille’s 65th Anniversary Gibson Memphis launches a modernized reissue of BB King’s Lucille guitar for the 65th Anniversary of the iconic blues instrument.
- New version of the Gibson Johnny A Signature The Gibson Custom Shop introduces a new version of the Johnny A Signature archtop guitar, which sports a few new features.
- The Les Paul Supreme 2014 is available The first Les Paul Supreme 2014 edition have hit the stores, and Gibson fans will immediately notice a huge change…