Gibson launches a five-string EB bass
Gibson USA completes its EB Bass series with a five-string instrument, available in two finishes.
The Gibson Five-String EB Bass is inspired by the SG design, with its double cutaway and its tortoise shell-styl full pickguard.
The bass is equipped with two new EB-Bass Alnico V pickups designed by Jim DeCola. They can be played in both humbucker or single-coil configurations thanks to the push-pull volume knobs.
- Ash body
- Maple neck with rounded 50's shape
- Rosewood fingerboard with 20 medium jumbo frets and acrylic Dot inlays
- 34" scale length
- Grover tuners, 20:1 ratio
- 2 new EB-Bass Alnico V pickups
- 2 push/pull volume controls, one master tone
- Babicz Full Contact bridge
- Vintage Gloss Fireburst and Vintage Gloss natural finishes available
MSRP is $1932. Mode details at www.gibson.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Gibson recreates the 1952 ES-295 guitar Gibson Memphis announces the availability of a new 1952 edition for the ES-295 hollow-body guitar which reproduces the original model.
- Gibson SG Standard with Min-ETune Review The SG Standard is a legendary guitar that doesn't need an introduction. It's one of Gibson's best sellers, played by some of the best guitar players like Angus Young, Pete Townshend and Franck Zappa to name just a few. But the SG we have here is a bit special because it features the Min-ETune system for automatic guitar tuning! Let's look into the details...
- Gibson USA Rudolf Schenker Flying V Scorpions founder, Rudolf Schenker, receives a new Flying V signature guitar from Gibson USA.