[NAMM] Gibson launches the Les Paul Standard Bass
Gibson introduces a new electric bass based on the Les Paul Standard guitar design and available in three finishes.
- Mahogany chambered body
- Solid maple top
- Set-in mahogany quartersawn neck with 50s rounded shape
- Rosewood fretboard with 20 medium jumbo frets and trapezoid inlays
- Grover tuners with 20:1 ratio
- 2 humbucking Thunderbird Bass pickup (ceramic magnets)
- 2 volume and 2 tone controls, 3-way pickup switch
- Tune-O-Matic bridge and Stopbar tailpiece adapted for bass
- Finishes: Heritage Cherry Sunburst, Ebony and Gold Top
MSRP: $2699 for Heritage Cherry Sunburst and Ebony finishes, $2899 for Gold Top finish. More details on www.gibson.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Gibson launches the SG Supra Gibson USA introduce the new Supra version of their SG guitar, equiped with 3 humbuckers and a piezo pickups.
- Gibson Releases Les Paul Signature "T" Gibson has dubbed 2013 "Year of Les Paul," and as part of the celebration has released details on the new Les Paul Signature "T".
- Gibson Thunderbird Studio Non-Reverse Gibson ré-introduces its 1965 Thunderbird model with a non-reverse body.