IPerform3D New Guitar Learning System
iPerform3D announced a new guitar instruction program, using motion-capture and 3D animation technology.
Unlike DVDs or online video lessons, this system is designed to give guitarists complete control, allowing them to rotate and zoom the "virtual" camera to any angle, even "behind" and "through" the instructor's guitar neck. iPerform3D technology is also designed to allow guitarists to slow lessons down without changing pitch, or loop a riff or song section as required until it's mastered.
"It's like 'Guitar Hero' but the real thing," said Robert Miller, founder and CEO, MTW Studios.
iPerform3D presents hundreds of on-demand lessons and riffs—plus full songs for beginners and restarters—captured using live musicians, motion-capture cameras and 3D animation software. The iPerform3D Player set-up is available online for both Mac and PC, and features interactive lessons for students.
A free trial is now available. Visitors are also encouraged to check out Beginner Course 1, a system that includes:
- 7 Guitar Basics Videos: "An Introduction to Electric Guitar", "Picking the Guitar That's Right For You", "The Parts of a Guitar", and more
- 8 Beginner-Oriented Skill Lessons including Strumming, Timing, Fretting Notes, Transitions and Chords
- 10 Rock Guitar "Classics," including 'Cocaine', 'Come as You Are', 'Horse with No Name', 'Iron Man', 'I Wanna Be Sedated', 'Living After Midnight', 'Smoke on the Water', 'What I Like About You', 'Wild Thing', 'You Really Got Me'
For more information, visit their web site at www.iperform3d.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Pete Anderson To Demo Reverend Country/roots-rock guitar Pete Anderson will demo his new Reverend signature guitar at the NAMM show (Jan. 15-18).
- [NAMM] Gretsch: The Story of Paul Bigsby Fred Gretsch Enterprises will release a new book entitled The Story of Paul Bigsby: Father of the Modern Electric Solidbody Guitar at the NAMM show 2009.
- Diezel Creates US Branch, And More Diezel Amplification has announced the creation of Diezel USA, due to "increasing product demand and heightened consumer awareness," according to the company.