Enlarge
Internal Sound Boards
Internal PCI/ISA Sound Cards

Thread Terratec Phase 22 problem..

• 13 replies
  • 9 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Terratec Phase 22 problem..
Ok, my setup (http://www.studioathome.com/ftopict-1477.html) is pretty much ready (still missing the Cakewalk, might change to Cubase), and I've been testing it with Krystal Audio (Nice Freeware!).

And now, first problems. :D

Terratec's card doesn't allow simultaneous output of the wave (aka. what's playing in my machine) and the analogue inputs. This pretty much sucks. Is there any way around it?

The digital (Coaxial) output would allow it, but I have no idea where I should plug it in, as a n00b I am. :oops:

What I checked, most cards in the same price range have the same Coaxial S/PDIF etc. I/O's so this probably is something I've should have checked earlier... as none of my other gear has Coaxial inputs.

So, should I get a new PCI-card, Mixer or something else? Help, please!

:D
Show first post

%1$s a écrit the problem is that during playback some times it starts playing in low speed
like a broken record or something
i see that many more have this same problem
if anyone can help it would be apreciated

i tried saple rate lock
it keeps it working for much more time but eventually does the same

Hi

I'm new to this forum, but not new to this problem by the sounds! I have the same problem as above. The card has worked fine for a few years and now the clock speed defaults to 8000Hz, and I can't change it back to 44100Hz, so everything plays slowly. Rebooting doesn't usually help. Reinstalling latest Phase-22 drivers helped for a few days, but back to same symptoms. Sometimes the Sample rate shows as blank and can't be updated at all.

Another user suggested a conflict between onbosrd and PCI sound. Is this a possibility as I seem to have a lot of junk in Device Manager under sound.

Thanks for any suggestions.
help me of recorder vocal EQ settings what?
Followup to my earlier post. I contacted Terratec support with all the info and several weeks later I got a response to say that it was likely that the quartz clock on the card was damaged. I'm assuming this is terminal, and therefore expensive.

I can think of only one situation that might have done this. While pushing a cable into to the card with the computer running the clip securing the card in the PCI slot 'let go' (the card wasn't screwed in in this particular box) and the card basically half ejected from its slot (yes, with the computer running) so that half the pins were still connected and half were in mid air.

This is obviously bad, and to be avoided at all costs (and marked the last time I relied on clips to hold PCI cards in place), but is this kind of thing actually likely to trash a card? I can't be sure but it does seem likely that things started to go wrong from about here. It's just strange that the card works perfectly with a reinstall for a few days, then the slowdown symptons kick in again rendering it useless.

Glenn
I had the same problem, Thanks for your follow ups, maybe this will solve my similar problem.