Epiphone Les Paul Standard LH

Les Paul Standard LH, Left-Handed Electric Guitar from Epiphone in the Les Paul series.

• Increase or decrease font size
  • RSS

All user reviews for the Epiphone Les Paul Standard LH

Average Score:4.6( 4.6/5 based on 85 reviews )
 64 reviews75 %
 12 reviews14 %
 6 reviews7 %
 2 reviews2 %
 1 user review1 %
View price information
Steve_Boudreaux08/01/2011

Steve_Boudreaux's review"Same As The "Wrong-Handed" Model"

Epiphone Les Paul Standard LH
Please see my review for the other-handed Epiphone Les Paul Standard.

works just fine.

Sounds very good. yada yada yada.

Just fine. As I said, see my review of the wrong-handed model- they are the same, otherwise.
MGR/ben03/03/2008

MGR/ben's review"Stagg Les Paul Standard"

Epiphone Les Paul Standard LH
30+ yrs experience like all kinds of music. repair guitars and most instruments in general

local music store. 225.00 wanted something to play cheap grab and go guitar. not a pro piece but not a pro price.

great piece for the money.no problems

for the money the guitar is great.

great construction better than fender and gibson

buy one if you cant afford anything better

MGR/Shawn09/07/2006

MGR/Shawn's review"Epiphone Les Paul Standard"

Epiphone Les Paul Standard LH
I started playing guitar when I was twelve, so that is about 16 years of playing time. I have played in numerous bands in that time, mostly hard rock/metal.

I went to Guitar Center in Chattanooga, TN about three weeks ago looking for a Schecter, because I have heard that they have great bottom end. I saw the Epiphone Les Paul Standard for $380, and I couldn't pass it up. I plugged both guitars up in the store, and the Les Paul blew the Schecter away. It sounds great distorted or clean, and I have never heard better for the price.

It feels great, not too heavy, not too light. The tone is awesome no matter what you are playing through, and you can hit a pinch harmonic on any fret. The Epiphone pickups that come in the guitar sound great, and the action is perfect. I got the black one, but they have about ten different colors, and they all look awesome.

there isn't really anything that I don't like about this guitar, but I could do without the pickguard.

This guitar is built with great quality. It was made in China, which is usually a turnoff for me, but not this time.

This has to be the best guitar you can buy for the money. I would recommend this guitar for anyone. Why spend $1200 for a gibson when you can get the same quality for $400?

MGR/Andy D.10/28/2005

MGR/Andy D.'s review"Epiphone Les Paul Standard"

Epiphone Les Paul Standard LH
Im 15 i've been playing for 3 years. In a rock band. : ilike Classic Rock, blues, rock, blue grass, rock n roll, and jazz. i play about 3 or more hours a day.

Guitar center, got a good deal for about $430.00usd

Its a good guitar, its has nice tone and versitility to play many differnt styles of music.stays in tune rather well. its good for the price, but i wouldnt buy one again , id just save that money for a better guitar.

Well it sounds pretty generic, through any amp basically,. Definetly get new pick ups.

Inotation was bad from the day i bought it had to be fixed and the pickups were at the wrong level , and the frets on mine wore really fast.

I'd say if you really want a les paul and you dont have a spare $1000. get this guitar because it kicks ass, but you need new pick ups , the stock ones are lame. especially on rythm . But yeha !

MGR/Clark06/28/2005

MGR/Clark's review"Epiphone Les Paul Standard"

Epiphone Les Paul Standard LH
I got this guitar at Guitar Center in Lawrenceville, GA. I bought it because I love the look and feel of a solid Les Paul, and I was sick of the strat and tele bodies. I payed $600. They threw in a gig bag, new strings, strap locks, a strap, a cable, and picks. So it was a great deal.

It sounds amazing. Whats not to love about this guitar? It is sooooo beautiful. The trapezoid inlays are beautiful. It is such a good-sounding guitar. A welcome escape from the sharp sounding strat. The pickups are fine, but I am changing them and getting Gibson BurstBucker Pros. I don't really need to, these are fine, i just want to. It is a Les Paul, what can I say.

NOTHING IS BAD.

It is very new, just got to the store from the factory like a month ago. It is a rock. I played it with a Gibson, it wasn't as good, but it was close enough.

FREAKIN AWESOME.

MGR/Jerry04/16/2005

MGR/Jerry's review"Gibson Les Paul Standard"

Epiphone Les Paul Standard LH
I was at the Music Gallery in Highland Park IL. in 1993 chatting about basses and I said i wished that Gibson made a Les Paul bass. They told me that Gibson was just starting to taking orders and start making a Les Paul bass. I received one of the first basses they made. At the time it cost about $1300.

The action on the Les Paul bass is fantastic. Extremely easy to play. The craftsmanship that goes into making it is awesome. The finish is a very shiny vintage sunburst. The mother of pearl in the headstock and neck give it an elegent look.

There isn't anything i don't like about my Les Paul bass.

All things considered I have been playing music for 26 years and have played many different basses, In my opinion The Gibson Les Paul bass is the very best out there and well worth the price.

MGR/Anonymous01/06/2005

MGR/Anonymous's review"Epiphone Les Paul Standard"

Epiphone Les Paul Standard LH
Christmas '04...Not sure how much was paid but im almost 100% sure it was $560 Canadian, at Avenue Guitars in Edmonton

I like almost everything about this guitar. The finish is really amazing (Trans Amber) and its weight is absolutely perfect. Not too heavy, like some Les Pauls i've played, but not too light that it feels like its a toy. The neck is also perfect (for me), it feels so natural in my hand. I really like how its consrtucted too, set neck into a really chunky body and the carved top is so nice. The inlays are beautiful too, I've never seen pearl inlays like these. I guess the appropriate word to describe them would be "vivid". Frets are near perfect as well.

There is not much that I don't like about this guitar, I don't like the pickguard so I took it off, It kind of seems out of place on the guitar. It leaves two small holes visible but you don't notice them, they are really tiny. Also, I'm not liking how the top strap button is screwed in. (the one above the neck) It is not exactly paralell with the neck, but on sort of an angle because its screwed into the arch. (Look at some Les Paul photos to see what I mean) This sometimes causes the strap to fall off while standing up, but hopefully you're fast enough and you can save the guitar before it hits the ground. This can be fixed by using strap locks.

Construction and quality is almost top notch. This guitar compares to a Gibson very easily, I just don't know why people spend so much money on the Gibsons, when you could get an Epi thats the same quality, if not better, for not even half the price. Personally, I like the way the Epiphones feel better than Gibson. The guitar feels very solid, every once and a while you might have to tighten a few nuts and bolts (ex. input jack), if you have a correct size rachet or box wrench, then it will take all of 5 seconds out of your day. Besides, what guitar doesn't need a little tightening and maintanence now and then.

This guitar overall, is a great deal. A REAL Les Paul (Remember, Les Paul is scripted on the headstock) for a price that everyone can afford. I know a lot of people complain about the weight, but its really oblivious to me. I think its because I play bass guitar in a band and I'm used to having a 10-pound bass hanging on my shoulder all the time. To make my Epi even better than it is though, my future plans include installing a Gibson Dirty Finger pick-up in the bridge position and replacing the pots with Gibson USA pots. Buy it.

MGR/The godfather01/03/2005

MGR/The godfather's review"Epiphone Les Paul Standard"

Epiphone Les Paul Standard LH
I bought it at a local music store for 400 bucks. I bought it because I had heard good things about this guitar

It has a incredible sound for a guitar of that price. It's also like playing a Gibson.

I had to change the pick ups because they are not so great. I replaced them by seymour duncan and now the guitar sounds really perfect. The neck is a little bit big, but it's like all the Les Paul.

It is built like a tank. The finish is beautiful.

Seriously this is one of the best guitar you can buy with a small budget. You will maybe have to change the pickups if you want a better sound. That's a beautiful guitar, very similar to Gibson.

MGR/Jerry12/31/2004

MGR/Jerry's review"Gibson Les Paul Standard"

Epiphone Les Paul Standard LH
I ordered the Les Paul from Gibson U.S.A. thru Music Gallery in Highland Park, Illinois in 1993. Gibson was ready to start production and I received one of the first basses made. I paid about $1300 U.S. and I received it in about 3 weeks.

In almost 12 years of playing it is still has the origional factory setup. The action is fantastic barly having to press down on the strings to make the notes sound. I have been a bass player for 26 years and I have played many different basses the Les Paul bass is in my opinion the best bass in the world. I never had any problems with the setup, pickups, or electronics. It is a beautiful vintage sunburst with a carved top and mother of peral inlays on the neck and headstock.

Nothing

100% quality and craftsmanship. Not a single flaw.

I am not sure of the price today of the Gibson Les Paul Standard Bass, But I think it is worth every penny.

MGR/Anonymous12/07/2004

MGR/Anonymous's review"Epiphone Les Paul Standard"

it cost me £550 pounds in the uk from a music shop in england

it looks awesome and sounds VERY heavy. i got the cool heritage cherry sunburst like Jimmy Page's. sounds great in clean, gain or distorted modes and i have never heard any crackling or unwanted noise from the pick ups!!

the price i had to pay in the uk!

Top Quality!

i would recomend this guitar to anyone as it is a good hard sterdy guitar!