or
Create an account

or

Thread How can I sequence from multiple sound modules at the same time???

• 2 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 How can I sequence from multiple sound modules at the same time???
Right now, I'm using a korg XD5R as a module. But I'd like to buy a Motif module, and a Hammond module.

I wanna be able build a song using all three simultaneously. For example, use the drums from the Motif module, layer an organ over that from the Hammond module, and then use the piano sound from the Korg module, and have them all playing at the same time in the sequencer.

Is there a way to accomplish this??
Get a multi-port midi interface like the M-Audio Midisport 4 x 4.
The device mentioned above will allow you to run multiple devices at the same time...
You could also just chain the 3 together using MIDI in, out and thru...
The only problem with this is that the way MIDI is designed, / You'll only get 16 total channels over all three devices...

For instance: On ONE port or one 'string' of ports put together, you have 16 channels to work with...
You would chain the three together and then set the MIDI channels on each device to be different...
Instrument 1 Could get channels 1 through 4 / Instrument 2 Could get channels 5 to 10 and the final instrument could be 11 - 16...

Only using one port connected together / this is what you'll have to do...

BUT!!!

If you get the interface above / Using a computer, Each out port you use gets it's own set of 16 channels...
So you could have 16 channels for each device....

Hope this helps clarify a little...