The Moog Guitar is on the way...
The long-awaited Moog Guitar will finally debut at the Summer NAMM in Nashville and seems to announce not less than a revolution.
According to the brand, le Moog Guitar is neither a guitar-synth, a MIDI guitar, or an effect processor... yet it shouldn't look very different from all that at once. TheMoog Guitar will be revealed to the world during the Moog Guitar Showcase, featuring Kenny Vaugh, Fareed Haque and Garaj Mahal in Nashville on Friday June 20th, 2008.
The first Moog Guitars will be the limited edition Paul Vo Collector Edition Guitar, a AAAAA maple top with mahogany body and ebony finger board model. Each of these collector guitars will be signed by the conceptor of the Moog Guitar, Paul Vo himself.
The Moog Guitar features three unique modes: Sustain, Mute and Controlled Sustain.
Sustain mode seems to bring an infinite, powerful sustain on every string and at every fret position while providing a great clarity.
The mute mode has never been heard on any guitar; the Vo Power stops the strings with the same intensity that it sustains them.
Controlled sustain allows you to play single lines or polyphonic lines without muting technique; sustains the notes you are playing while actively muting the notes you are not playing.
The Moog Guitar's creative power is enhanced by the ladder filter which can be controlled through the foot pedal.
The Moog Guitar Controls feature:
- Vo Power which controls the amount of coherent power that is applied to the strings to either sustain them or mute them.
- Harmonic Blend which shifts the Vo Power (sustain/mute) power between the neck and bridge pick-up. In the center position the power is balanced between the neck and bridge.
- Filter Control: this is a dual purpose knob controlled by the Filter Mode Toggle.
There are also three switches:
- Filter Mode Toggle with three positions: Standard Guitar Tone, classic Moog Ladder filter, and an articulated Moog filter (e.g similar to an auto-wah).
- Moog Guitar Mode determines the application of the Vo Power. There are three positions: Sustain, Controlled Sustain, and Mute
- Five Position Pick-up Selector Switch: Piezo, Bridge only, Out of Phase, In Phase, Neck only.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Randall KH 15 Kirk Hammett Practice Amp Randall Amplifiers announces the KH-15 Kirk Hammett Signature Practice Amplifier, a practice amp created through a year-long collaboration between Hammett and Randall engineers.
- Reverend upgrades entire guitar line Reverend Guitars has announced upgrades to their entire line of guitars.
- V-Picks V-Pick Medium Pointed Aiming at producing innovative guitar picks, V-Picks presents its new Medium Pointed model.