QuikQuak Crowd Chamber
QuikQuak has released Crowd Chamber - an audio plug-in that layers multiple variations of a signal to create a crowd simulation.
Accroding to QuikQuak, up to almost 2,000,000 layers can be produced enabling simple chorusing effects, small crowds and stadiums, on to impossible situations and effects.
We're told that when each voice is mixed, it is altered in varying time and spectral content, making unique versions of itself to create the illusion of different sources. This effect can be fed back onto itself to create many thousands of voices in real-time.
Once the concept had been created it became clear that Crowd Chamber could create far more than simple crowd scenes. Because of the feedback, wave cancellations, and, simply, the thousands of layers, it is the perfect tool for creating strange and twisted effects.
Crowd Chamber follows QuikQuak's other plug-ins with a visual, hands on approach. There is also a fast randomisation feature for rapid crowd creation.
- Simulates a crowd of up to 2,000,000 voices.
- Voices vary in spectral content and delay.
- LFOs for temporal changes in voices.
- Fast visual editing, with parameter randomisation functions.
- From simple chorusing effects, small crowds and stadiums, and on to impossible situations.
- Creates massive stereo sound washes, and extremely weird animal effects.
Priced at £15 Crowd Chamber is available for Windows and Mac OS X in VST and AU plug-in formats. Demo versions are available.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Cluster Sound Tube Sequenz Cluster Sound Releases Tube Sequenz XPander Pack 04.
- OrangeVocoder 10th Anniversary Shipping Prosoniq is now shipping the 10th Anniversary AudioUnit Edition of OrangeVocoder.
- Schwa Oligarc Filter Schwa has released Oligarc Filter - an emulation of a classic analog ladder filter.