Hagstrom Swede
Hagstrom Swede
afrohair2004 afrohair2004
Publié le 11/19/07 à 06:20
Made in Korea. 22 frets, 2 alnico humbuckers with metal covers, a 3-position selector switch and a phase. A fixed bridge and a tailpiece. Mechanical oil bath. Plate. Inlays on the neck and head imitation pearl. Key synthetic resin. Wood quality impeccable. Very decent level of finish, some irregularities in the gold-plated on the table. This coating does not have the top gold shine and Gibson model class, but it's still a beautiful guitar!

The guitar is heavy, requires type les paul, but lovers of this type of guitar will feel immediately "at home". The handle is one of the highlights of the skyscraper, it was well in hand, feeling both vintage and very smooth. The key, in particular, is remarkable, it resembles very hard ebony. Impression of luxury enhanced by the beautiful inserts like "nacre". One drawback, common on affordable guitars: the strings are mounted original fine too at least for this kind of guitar!

I have long dreamed of a Les Paul Gold Top, but the price deterred me, you will understand why. Moreover, the model Epiphone I did not, it gave me not a good feeling when I try it in store. With this new edition, for cons, I was in love. I play rock rather punchy, but also blues, pop, both on my pod xt on my Vox AC30. I like also the jazzy phrasing, crystalline arrangements, the loose funk ... Well this guitar, like its big cousin, made in USA, to address all these styles with no problem. All possibilities microphones work, even if the phase switch is more discreet mode distortion in the clear.

I play this beautiful guitar for three months now, and since then I should be less my telecaster and my Burns Brian May! It takes some time to tame it, and ropes a little bigger ... Then, it is only fun for a price quite incredible it must be said!
A note about the phase selector: after 6 months of use it began to spit and only the middle position (the neutral) is still exploitable. To replace it!