• Increase or decrease font size
  • RSS

All user reviews of 4/5 for the PRS CE22

Average Score:4.7( 4.7/5 based on 7 reviews )
 5 reviews71 %
 2 reviews29 %
Not satisfied with those reviews?Request a new review
iamqman10/11/2011

iamqman's review"Tobacco is good in this case"

PRS CE22
Paul Reed Smith guitars sound very well in pretty much any musical setting that you put the men. Whether it's a clean spanky style Fender type tone all the way up into the hard rock or metal style of music. These guitar sound really good across the board. They specialize in beautiful exotic construction and build quality. They're very exotic to look at and the flamed maple tops which have been a telling point of these guitars are very good.

Specifications
PRS CE-22

* 1 11/16" wide nut
* PRS 14:1 low mass locking tuners
* maple neck
* rosewood fingerboard with 10" radius
* 25" scale length
* mahogany body
* carved flamed maple cap
* PRS tremolo bridge
* Dragon II pickups with covers
* 5-way rotary pickup selector
* PRS hardshell case

I love the tone of this guitar and a hard rock high gain setting. They sound great with a clean setting to medium gain setting as well, but I really like a good saturated amplifier. They feature mahogany wood for the body and for the neck with a rosewood fretboard. These guitars generally have a nice steak chunky neck that allows you to get a good thick sustain. I really like the sound this guitar with primarily a Mesa Boogie amplifier or a Bogner amplifier. When you get a good thick high gain to low gain frequencies this guitar really shines in that setting. Overall these are great amplifiers in pretty much any setting in musical genre you can think of.

I highly recommend these guitars anyone is looking for professional sound a guitar and definitely an exotic looking guitar. These guitars can be found used online and in a lot of classifieds. I believe that they have been discontinued for a while now so the used market is the only way to go. PRS has many other models to choose from. These guitars are priced and aimed at someone is looking for exactly what they know they want and for professional musicians with high budgets. They are fun guitars and they have a great balance and overall great feel throughout the entire instrument.
MGR/Anonymous06/26/2001

MGR/Anonymous's review"Paul Reed Smith CE22"

PRS CE22
I walked into a guitar shop in Bondi (Sydney, Australia) which was having a closing down sale. They had some Paul Reed Smith guitars going really cheap - The CE22 was listed at $AUD2000. At that point in time, their standard retail price was $AUD3295. I bought the guitar because I love PRS guitars and I really wanted one!

I love the neck shape. It's a Wide Thin neck which is very similar to the neck on an
early 60's Strat ( I love them too ). The frets and the quality of the rosewood make the
neck extremely fluid and smooth to play. The Dragon II humbuckers provide a
huge-fat guitar sound that is great for alternate rock music.

Most bottom level PRS guitars can have either a Stoptail piece or a Tremolo system.
Mine has the Stoptail. The design of the Stoptail is "not that great" in that it forces
a fairly brutal angle on the strings which, I believe, results in A, D and G string
breakages from time to time. I also don't like the 5 way rotary switch for changing
pickups - I prefer a toggle, like a Strat. Some PRS guitars do come with toggles.

PRS are known for consistent construction. The guitar is put together VERY well
and is sturdy, yet light. The finish is flawless (er... was flawless).

I definitely got my money's worth. It was a freakish bargain and I was lucky to be
in the right place at the right time. I could probably get my money back on it in a
second sale if I wanted!

PRS guitars are awesome. However, some of the things that make them
awesome for some people, may make them ordinary for others. Try before you buy.
One thing that I think makes PRS guitars so good is their necks, and particularly,
their WT (Wide Thin) necks - these are great for hard hittin, small handed players
like me. The body shape LOOKS fantastic, but I prefer the contoured feel of a Strat.