Agitated State MenuMagic Plug-in Manager
Agitated State has announced the release of version 1.0 of its MenuMagic Plug-In Manager for Sonar/Project5.
According to Agitated State, MenuMagic is a specially designed tool for Sonar, Project5 and other Cakewalk DAWs that takes the concept of plug-in management to new levels enabling you to manage and organize your audio plug-ins (VST, VSTi, DX, DXi) in new ways.
Easy menu creation and plug-in assignment:
- Use MenuMagic's auto-categorization for a nearly hands free experience - MenuMagic recognizes over 850 commonly used plug-ins and can automatically assign them to 15 different menus for you.
- Create your own menus. Using either drag 'n' drop or the button controls to assign plug-ins to your menus.
- identify plug-ins that are currently un-assigned to a menu. For finding and handling that new set of plug-ins that you added to your system last week.
- For Project5 (and Sonar3 thru 5) the Menu Preview option lets you see how your settings will appear within Cakewalk menus before you implement your changes.
- With Project5 and the VST Adapter - every time you rescan your plug-ins you erase your previous menu layout. Your MenuMagic settings are preserved and protected from plug-in scanner changes - re-implement your settings with one click.
- For Sonar 6 & 7 you can assign the Plug-in Menu Layout being saved as the default layout for anywhere a plug-in menu layout is used (e.g. SynthRackSynths, TrackAudioEffects, TrackSynths, BusAudioEffects, etc.).
Plug-in name management tools such as:
- Cascading find and replace options that can operate globally or on selected plug-in names.
- Prefix or suffix plug-in names based on type (i.e. VST, VSTi, DX, DXi).
- Hide plug-ins from appearing within your DAW or unHide them - quick, easy & NON-PERMANENT.
- Automatic plug-in setting synchronization between your different Cakewalk DAWs. This includes what menus settings and name fixes (fix once/fixed everywhere). This is a real time saver if you work with both Sonar and Project5 or combinations of Cakewalk DAWs. For example if you organize your Project5 plug-ins, your Sonar plug-ins settings will match.
Using MenuMagic and its built-in tools you can apparently create menu systems for Sonar and Project5 that would take you hours to duplicate (without using MenuMagic).
Analytical tools: MenuMagic's fully searchable Plug-in Info Grid:
- Shows you details on all your VST / DX plug-ins (such as installed location, plug-in type, original name, current menu assignment and more).
- Identifies duplicates (both sure dupes and possible dupes are identified).
- Multi-column bi-directional sorts let you see your data in whatever manner you desire.
- Fully searchable.
- Save a color HTML snapshot of the grid for archival, comparison or bragging purposes.