UplandToys Releases BallSequencer v1.5
UplandToys has announced that it has released version 1.5 of BallSequencer, a VST instrument plug-in for Windows.
BallSequencer is now donationware. You can use it for free, but a nag-screen will be displayed occasionally during use. Donating €6 or more will entitle you to a full version with the nag-screen removed.
New features and improvements in version 1.5:
- New CC mode: Balls can now send CC messages based on their position in the rectangle. Each ball can transmit two CC messages, one for each axis. In addition, max and min values to be transmitted for each CC can be set up in the CC setup section.
- Extended support for remote control via MIDI CC messages: Root notes and room size can now be assigned CCs.
- More flexible CC implementation allows mapping of one CC message to control several parameters.
- Added a randomizer for quickly changing note and velocity mappings.
- Added rendering of trails for balls. This makes it easier to identify the trajectory of each ball, and it looks cool as well .
- Speed sliders can now be set to zero, allowing for horizontal or vertical movement.
- Single-clicking the note length values now increments (left-click) or decrements (right click) by 250 ms.
- Added a button to mute all notes (while still keeping the balls in motion). Useful if you want to transmit CC messages only.
- Stopping playback would leave hanging notes. Fixed.
- Assigning MIDI CCs for vertical speed sliders were only possible on row 1. Fixed.
- Some other minor fixes and optimizations.
Check out www.upland.no/plugins.php for more info.