Neumann introduces the TLM 107 at AES
Neumann is also attending the AES Convention in New York where they debut their new TLM 107 studio condenser microphone.
The Neumann TLM 107 is a studio microphone equipped with a dual diaphragm capsule inspired by the high-end Neumann D-01 model. It offers 5 polar patterns that can be switched directly from the body of the microphone via a navigation switch, which also allows for enabling the 40Hz / 100Hz low-cut and a two-position Pad.
This switch is located on the back of the microphone with LED indicators that will switch off after 15 seconds.
Neumann adds that for all polar patterns, the response is almost linear up to 8kHz, then a slight curve appears in the high frequency range. The manufacturer primarily designed the TLM 107 for vocals, taking a special care of the sibilants, but you can also use it on other sources and instruments. The protection grille is equipped with a filter and the capsule is designed to minimize sensitivity to humidity and other environment factors.
- 5 polar patterns: cardioid, wide cardioid, hypercardiod, omnidirectional and Figure 8
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 11mV/Pa (1kHz @ 1 Ohm-
- Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Load impedance: 1k Ohm
- Equivalent noise level: 22dB / 10dB A-weighted
- Signal/Noise ratio: 72dB / 88dB A-weighted (96dB SPL)
- Max SPL: 141dB SPL with a 0.5% THD
- Pad: -6dB (147dB SPL) and -12dB (153dB SPL)
- 3-pin XLR connector
- Dimensions: 64mm diameter x 145mm length
- Weight: 445g
The Neumann TLM 107 ships with a mic stand and is available in two mate black or nickel finishes. Its suggested retail price is 1212€ excl. IVA. You'll find all the details at www.tlm107.neumann.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [AES] Neumann KH 310 A The KH 310 A is an active near-ﬁeld monitor for applications in the areas of music production, broadcasting, post-production, mixing and mastering.
- Neumann KH 810 Neumann recently announced the new KH 120 two-way active nearfield monitor, now followed by the launch of a matching subwoofer, the KH 810.
- [NAMM] Neumann Mics Get 2 TEC Awards This year, two products of from microphone manufacturer Neumann have been distinguished by the Outstanding Technical Achievement TEC Award at the NAMM Show: the large-diaphragm microphone TLM 102, and the KMS 104 plus.