< Tous les avis iZotope Ozone 8 Advanced
iZotope Ozone 8 Advanced
iZotope Ozone 8 Advanced

Other effects bundle or multi-effect from iZotope belonging to the Ozone series

Public price: $499 incl. VAT
Dawn Wave Dawn Wave

« Excellent mastering prod. tool, user-friendly, a ‘must’, would deserve a clearer price policy. »

Published on 01/21/23 at 22:10
Value For Money : Correct
Audience: Advanced Users
Excellent mix and production software. Acquired in the N.I. Mix and master advanced bundled with Neutron and Neoverb, Iris elements. Neutron 4 and Ozone 10, Together with Neoverb provide an excellent combination.
Started with Ozone 9, standard, then Ozone 10 in a bundle. overall, Ozone 10 is powerful, with an excellent ergonomy and a very impressive master assistant, with the visual presentation of the sound. It requires a certain built experience to master the multiple possibilities, as well a knowledge in mix ing and mastering, production of final tracks. The assistant is very helpful to reach a first level of fair quality, even as a non professional. To my experience, Ozone 10 requires several month practice to increase one’s mastering of master-production and of the powerful tool.
My sole criticising of Izotope (and Native Instruments, which also sell Izotope) is about the constantly changing company price policy, varying with the different promotions, change of Version, or sale circuit. It is completely unreadable, compared with companies like Arturia, Waldorf, Finale,… The ‘Mix and Master Bundle advanced’ pricing didn’t take into account the fact I had previously acquired an Ozone standard, with other elements. Overall budget is 100€ for Ozone 9 standard edition, plus 258€ for Mix and Master Bundle including Ozone 10. The quality to price ratio is excellent, considering the great quality of the tools provided. But, it is normal, as I had bought Ozone standard to Izotope, to which I was registered as user, I found better pricing with a Native sale, not taking into account my quality of Ozone client ? Not understandable, confusing.
The price policy is for me a strong disincentive to go further in investing in N.I. or Izotope, other than with the current package I acquired. The quality of Izotope products is quite high, as the level of service it provides to the musician.On the opposite, the lack of readability of the pricing policy is a strong desincentive. The client musician has too often the impression he bought the product at a higher price, to see a much lower offers a few weeks after.