The Slate Digital Virtual Mix Rack is out
The VMR plug-in that Slate Digital has introduced at AES in 2013 has finally been released.
The Virtual Mix Rack (or VMR) features 4 virtual 500 format rack processors, 2 equalizers and 2 compressors, all based on existing vintage hardware unit modeling. The virtual 500 format allows for displaying all the processors in the same windows and customizing their order.
Details of the four modules:
- FG-N ‘Brit-N’ EQ: a classic British EQ from the 70s with a discrete Class A circuit, to which Slate added a second mid band. It is designed for drums, vocals and even electronic instruments that require a fat sound.
- FG-S ‘Brit 4K’ EQ: reproduces the EQ from another classic British console from the 80s known for its harmonics and musicality thanks to two interactive mid bands
- FG-116 ‘FET Compressor’: models a US FET compressor/limiter for a sound described as fat and musical that can be applied to vocals, drums and basses
- FG-401 ‘VCA Compressor’: based on the compressor of a classic British console and modified by Slate who increased the variable attack and release ranges, recreated the Class A console transformer and created a second circuit path for a warm and rich sound. This flexible compressor can be applied to any source.
The VMR being modular, Slate Digital will add more processors in the future.
The plug-in is available in VST2/3, AU, RTAS and AAX native for Windows and Mac OS X 32 and 64-bit. It has a special introductory price of $149 for a limited time and an iLok USB dongle is offered with you order. You can also download a trial version from www.slatedigital.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Bitwig Studio updated to v1.1 Bitwig released today the first major update for its Bitwig Studio since the release of the DAW last March.
- Manx launches Bit 100 v2 virtual synth Bit 100, Manx’ virtual synth based on the Crumar Bit One analog polysynth, has been updated to v2.
- Mogul, 8GB of instruments for the UVI Workstation The new creation for MVP Loops is a beat and instrument library for electronic producers, composers and DJs.