Sonoris Audio - Meter 2.0
Sonoris Meter is designed to let you accurately measure peak and loudness levels of audio signals, at one scale.
Besides a regular meter scale the Sonoris Meter supports the K-System, from Bob Katz, mastering engineer and founder of Digido mastering studio. The end product closely follows the K-system specifications, including Leq(A) loudness metering and band-limited pink noise monitor calibration.
The SMTR features an oversampling peak-meter mode. In this mode the SMTR catches intersample peaks that can cause ear fatiguing sound when audio is played on consumer CD players. Many CD players have inferior D/A converters with little headroom that will distort with samples above the clip level. These peaks occur when the audio is clipped (read squashed / limited) or otherwise digitally manipulated (e.g. VSTis). In oversampling mode the SMTR models the D/A conversion process and allows for maximizing the level but avoiding this distortion.
At the bottom of the interface a correlation meter can be found. This meter enables the user to monitor the phase relationship between the left and right channels. Features:
- * K-System metering supported
* Leq loudness measurement
* Monitor calibration
* Intersample peak metering
* Correlation meter
Priced at $125, Sonoris Meter v2.0 is available now for Windows as a VST effect plug-in. A Mac OS X version will follow.
For more information, visit their web site at www.sonoris.nl.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Loopmasters Drumdrops in Dub Volume 2 Loopmasters Releases Drumdrops in Dub Volume 2 Collection.
- Koblo Vibra3000 Koblo Audio Software announces the official release of the Vibra3000 polyphonic, multiple oscillator mini-synthesizer plug-in.
- CME Pink U-Key MobilTone CME is Offering U-key Mobiletone Keyboard in Pink Finish.