Line 6 StageSource L2m
  • Increase or decrease font size
  • RSS

All user reviews for the Line 6 StageSource L2m

Average Score:4.0(4/5 based on 1 review)
 1 user review100 %
View price information
tpeplinski08/28/2013

tpeplinski's review"A good choice for some"

Line 6 StageSource L2m
As a live sound engineer and occasional performer, I thought it might compliment my extensive collection of P.A speakers in many brands. I decided on the L2"M"s as I do not need the built-in mixer and thought the more bells, the more opportunity for problems. Results: I take them to every gig whether it is for a fill in festival sound (with subs and satellite speakers) or a small casual stand alone. The sound is perfect for guitar, vocals, brass, strings, anything that has a mid to high range eq.

I found that it is not adequate for lows, and if you are adding bass, low eq keys, low brass, kick, you should use a sub or a speaker with a 15"; and a good alternative is the latest JBL eons (own as well). I compared line 6 sound to similar powered Yamaha, Mackie, EV, JBL, QSC and found that the clarity of the sound in the mid range & highs was exactly what I was looking for. I also liked the EV and JBLs, but the Line 6 won out due to my application.

I think at $750 the price is a little high, and some people might really want to consider the JBLs as they cost a lot less, equal in weight, and sound great at the lows. For about $100 more, consider the 12" QSC Ks (although I have not been blown away from them as other reviewers).

Finally: I have really (purposely) pushed these speakers beyond normal and they perform without distortion or feedback. For guitar/keys/violin/and especially vocals, you will receive an increase of compliments for your sound. These speakers have paid for themselves just in the repeat business I have received for running sound alone. They have proven to be the perfect choice for me, and was pleasantly surprised at the "long-throw" especially at outdoor events. You can cover more space at low volume as the sound does not drop off when elevated on stands... (not a rule but, I like the bottom of speakers to be at 66" high when used as Mains).

I would highly recommend these or "T" model $850 for the soloists over the Bose (I like the Bose L model IIs, but $2400?) ...larger coverage with no sound drop, almost equal feedback, easy use, use anywhere.