BeepStreet releases Dagger
BeepStreet has released Dagger, a virtual monophonic synthesizer said to incorporate an advanced and authentic circuit modelling technology.
According to BeepStreet, Dagger captures the spirit of analogue synths, but does not try to emulate any particular model. It was designed from the ground up to bring its own distinctive, bold character. A simple and intuitive user interface aims at making it fast and easy to operate, yet with a real versatility according to its developer.
- 2x oversampling (Filters 8x)
- Audio-rate processing of all signals
- Power supply modeling - introduces a bit of characteristic noise into every signal
- 2 oscillators with wave shape morphing and hard-sync
- Modulation destinations: pitch, phase, detune, oscillator 1 wave shape
- Modulation sources: LFO modulator (env mode supported)
- 8x oversampled, circuit modelled, zero-delay feedback, highly nonlinear filters designed especially for Dagger synth
- 1 'Japanese style' 12db, noisy high-pass filter with highly nonlinear resonance
- 1 low pass filter with 5 different models available (12 db Steiner-Parker, 2x transistor-ladder, 2x diode ladder)
- Modulation sources: Envelope, LFO, Oscillator 2, Modulation wheel
- Multi-mode modulator (LFO, Decay envelope, VCO)
- ADSR envelope generator
- Modulation sources: Key velocity, Modulation wheel
- High quality, warm diode-clipper circuit model
- Modulation sources: Envelope (ADSR, partial envelope: R o AR), LFO
- One-click MIDI learn function
- Randomize function
- 40 presets (and more to come)
Dagger is an AU/VST 32/64bit compatible plugin for Mac OSX 10.7 to 10.10 and Windows 7-10. Its MSRP is $40/€35 (+VAT in the EU). It is also available in a special bundle with BeepStreet's Sunrizer virtual substractive synth for a total $70/€60 (+VAT) instead of $90/€80 if bought separately.
More details and sound samples are available from BeepStreet's website.
Viewers of this article also read...
- 8Dio launches Free You collaborative project 8Dio endeavours to create a new free collaborative soundbank and invites all of us to participate.
- Today only: 40% off JST's Transify Joey Sturgis Tones still holds 24-hour discounts these days and today's offer is 40% off the multiband transient shaper plugin Transify.
- A review of the Valhalla DSP ValhallaPlate reverb plug-in Most software reverbs offer a choice of halls, plates, rooms and other types of virtual spaces, but Valhalla DSP takes a different approach. The company has separated its reverb offerings into individual plug-ins for different reverb flavors, and sells each for only $50. As a result, you can get a high-quality reverb, albeit of a single type, for a very low price. So let’s take a closer look at ValhallaPlate, the latest module and fourth in the series.