[NAMM] D-CAM: Synth Squad A Suite
FXpansion, a London-based developer of computer based plug-in effects and synthesizers, today announced the debut of D-CAM: Synth Squad at the Winter NAMM show in Anaheim, California.
D-CAM: Synth Squad is comprised of three modeled synthesizers, Strobe, Cypher and Amber. The synths are brought together with Fusor, a semi- modular synth-layering environment.
Strobe: a stripped-down performance synth, as easy to program as classic monosynths, with the added benefit of polyphony, osc stacking and detuning, and a versatile multimode filter. Strobe specializes in ripping analog leads, sick basses and complex pads.
Cypher: geared towards audio-rate modulation of various types, features variable-depth sync, polyphonic waveshaping and syncable beat-detune.
Fusor: a semi-modular synth layering environment with extra LFOs, envelope followers, step-sequencers and a suite of circuit-modelled FX that can be used on each of 3 synth instances as inserts and aux sends, as well as on the master output.
Other highlights include:
- Drive stages to add 'grit and attitude'
- Analog noise simulates the instability and chaos inherent in real analog circuits
- LFOs that feature pulse width modulation and swing
- Modulation system for "anything from subtly expressive movement to seismic timbral shifts"
- MIDI Learn, BPM synced LFOs and envelopes, multiple oversampling for offline rendering...
D-CAM: Synth Squad will be available worldwide in Q2 2009, price TBA.
For more information, visit their web site at www.fxpansion.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Universal Audio UAD-2 SOLO/Laptop Universal Audio today announced the creation of the UAD-2 SOLO/Laptop™, a compact ExpressCard™ version of their UAD-2 SOLO DSP Accelerator card.
- [NAMM] RJM:The Mini Series RJM Music Technology, Inc. has announced a new series of products with a focus on small size and versatility.
- [NAMM] RJM Mini Amp Gizmo RJM Music Technology, Inc., makers of the RG-16, Amp Gizmo and Mastermind, has announced the Mini Amp Gizmo, a size and cost reduced version of their popular Amp Gizmo product.