Insert Piz Here Presents Mr. Alias 2
Insert Piz Here has announced the release of Mr. Alias 2, which is now open source and cross-platform.
Mr. Alias 2 is described by IPH as using "non-bandlimited oscillators which can be transposed near to and beyond the Nyquist frequency, causing most of their spectra to be aliased back into audible non-harmonic frequencies."
The sound can then be further processed by a number of crude "effects."
Though it is based on the same concept as the original, Mr. Alias 2 was rewritten for cross-platform compatibility, with several improvements, according to IPH.
- 2 oscillators.
- 18 waveforms.
- Full stereo processing.
- 6 filter types including a formant filter.
- Filter envelope.
- External audio processing.
- Patch randomizer button.
- Configurable MIDI control with MIDI learn.
- MIDI-controllable patch morphing.
- Drag & drop preset and MIDI map loading.
- Resizable GUI.
Mr. Alias 2 is available for Windows, Mac OS X Universal Binary and Linux in VST and AU instrument plug-in formats.
For more info: www.thepiz.org
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] AAS Strum Electric GS-1 Applied Acoustics Systems will be launching an electric version of its Strum Acoustic GS-1 plug-in at the 2009 Winter NAMM Show.
- Microsoft Presents Songsmith You know nothing about music, you can't play an instrument, and can't even use your mouse, but still you're determined to create a song? Songsmith is what you need!
- Equinox Sounds Cosmic House Equinox Sounds has released Cosmic House, a downloadable loop collection for producing Electro House from Smash Up The Studio.