NUSofting Strings Dream Synthesizer
NUSofting has announced Strings Dream Synthesizer, a new instrument plug-in designed to reproduce the array of rich, analogue pads from famous strings machines in synthesizer history.
Strings Dream Synthesizer does not use samples. Instead the "octave divider" circuitry typical of those early polyphonic synths has been natively emulated, so that all sounds are computed in realtime in true VA fashion, NUSofting says.
The fundamental "Ensemble" effect (like the vintage Solina chorus) supposedly accurately follows the architecture of its hardware counterpart, including the BBD chip behaviour for truly rich modulation. However, it has been extended for a wider range of "chorus" effects.
- A full ADSR envelope generator and Waveform selection (for several strings and organs sounds).
- Volume fader and switch for each of 6 stops (C.Bass, Cello, Brass, Horn, Viola and Violin). The fader for each stop allows an almost infinite number of mixtures.
- A parameter to tune the relative phase of Violin wave against the other voices.
- Brightness and highpass filters are also adjustable.
- MIDI velocity and polyphonic mode selectable.
- Note also that the C.Bass and Cello are monophonic with full legato mode and you can select one of eight keyboard split points, allowing you to layer the mono voices with the others.
- Chorus "Ensemble" effect.
- Four-stage Phaser for those famous "Jarre pads".
- Reverb with the ability to morph on request to that "trembling" sound of the vintage spring reverb units.
Pricing & Availability
Strings Dream Synthesizer will be released in May 2009, first as VST plug-in and later as an AU plug-in, with the rice expected to be $89.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Sound Trends Looptastic Producer Sound Trends has released Looptastic Producer, an iPhone music-production app designed to let people import their own audio loops from a PC or Mac.
- 112db Redline Reverb 112dB has announced the release of Redline Reverb, a new musical reverb based on a completely new and original concept that excels in both warmth and transparency at extremely low CPU usage, according to 112dB.
- Impromptu Updated To v1.4 Impromptu has been updated to version 1.4.