Tone2 Releases Saurus
Combining analog sound with digital formatting, Tone2 has released Saurus (Mac / Windows), a virtual analog synthesizer.
Main features of Saurus:
- Analog Modeling Technology
- Mono, Legato, and Polyphonic modes employing analog voice management
- Two Syncable Oscillators and two Sub Oscillators
- Includes standard waveforms and a number of exotic ones
- Pulse Width Modulation and Oscillator Sync applicable to every waveform
- Oscillator Drift, Phase, and Noise Modulation controls
- Noise FM, AM, and Ring Modulation for Oscillators
- Analog filter with self-oscillation, nonlinearity, 6 filter types, FM, and feedback
- LFOs and modulation capable of running at audio-rate
- Arpeggiator with configuration possibilities
- Modulation Matrix with new features, including a filter
- Programmable gate
- 4x Stereo Unison modes with spread and panning control
- Analog modeled Distortion and Tube amp
- Optional psycho-acoustic processing
- Ships with 563 presets from 21 sound designers
Pricing & Availability:
Tone2's Saurus virtual analog synthesizer is now available for Windows and Mac (VST / AU) for $119.
Check out Saurus and other software instruments at tone2.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Presonus Studio One 2 Review Launched about two years ago, the first Studio One version impressed with its maturity. The program was stable, practical and well thought-out. It had almost nothing to envy the leading sequencing tools. Studio One has gone a long way since the first version: it was dramatically enhanced in v1.5 and now comes back with a really amazing version 2. Let's check it out.
- SKnote releases Grasso SKnote has released Grasso as a VST effect for Windows and a VST/AU effect for Mac OS X (RTAS/AAX coming soon).
- WOK Mixtube WOK has released Mixtube, a mixing desk tube input stage simulation.