1/89
E-MU 1820

PCI/ISA + Rack Soundcard from E-MU

Thread E-MU 1820 help!!!!

• 2 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 E-MU 1820 help!!!!
Hi folks! I am somewhat new to all this and I wonder if someone can help me with the E-MU 1820 and Patchmix? Here is the question.........I bought this thing because I was told that with it and a Behringer ADA8000, I will be able to have 16 recording inputs to my PC......but......it seems that the inputs on the back of the breakout box are paired, so how would one get the full 6 inputs to record with, instead of 1 and 2 left and right?
Also Cubase LE seems to want to recognize the Behringer ADA 8000 as 4 paired inputs too??? What is up with this? I am sure it is my inexperience, or at least I hope it is, help please????? thanks
If the inputs are hardpanned left or right in patchmix, the individual left and right channels can be considered as mono channels. Asio streams are always in stereo, but you can create mono busses in Cubase. Just assign the bus to either the left or right channel.

A good source for understanding patchmix is this SoS article. The Unofficial Emu Forums is also a great resource for the Emu 1820m.
Thanks for the direction! I recently found out that the CubaseLE that comes with the 1820 won't allow 16 inputs anyway so that was alot of my problem, it is a shame they don't tell you this stuff up front, especially when you are new at it!!