E-MU 1820

PCI/ISA + Rack Soundcard from E-MU

Thread Standard Audigy 2 problems re: ASIO drivers in Cubase SL

• 21 replies
  • 8 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Standard Audigy 2 problems re: ASIO drivers in Cubase SL
Hi all,

I've just invested in a new PC with Cubase SL in order to finally make some of those guitar/vocal recordings that I've been meaning to.

Problem is, my Soundblaster Audigy 2 soundcard (which I was assured is ASIO compatible and came with an ASIO driver) will currently only work in Cubase SL using the "ASIO Multimedia Driver" or the "ASIO DirectX Full Duplex Driver", both of which introduce a ~0.7 second delay on all overdubbing. I've read that using a standard ASIO driver should enable me to dub over without these delay problems, but whenever I switch to the "Creative ASIO Driver" or "SB Audigy ASIO Driver", I get no signal from my mic.

Anyone had similar problems, or able to recommend what I can do to get Cubase working with a true ASIO soundcard setup (preferably without having to upgrade my Audigy soundcard...)?

Thanks in advance for your help...

Pete
Show first post
Hi all
I´m a beginner in all this home studio stuff, my question is how to make my cubase sx 3 work with my sound card, Realtek AC97 i´m using a phonic mixer model mu1002 on which are pluged my guitard, keyboard, cd player but still can get cubase to record directly from the mixer.
Can some one explain to me how to connect the all stuff to get it working. Kiitos:)
Still me, this time about my guitar. i have an accoustic guitar with a mic or "pick up" but when i connect it to the line in of my sound card and try to record whit microsoft sound recorder, nithing, i wanna know why amd how should i process.
Peace and love.