Aguilar Tone Hammer Preamp/D.I.
Aguilar Amplification announces that shipment has now begun for the Tone Hammer™ Preamp/D.I..
According to Aguilar, this unit (which made its debut at the winter NAMM show in January 2008) was designed to be more than just a “preamp in a pedal” and to offer more functionality than a standard D.I. or overdrive unit, as it combines a D.I., a versatile preamp, and a great overdrive.
Built to deliver the warm, organic sound that Aguilar is known for, the Tone Hammer adds fully sweepable midrange frequencies, in addition to treble and bass controls to it’s preamp section, for optimized tonal sculpting.
To give this tone shaping unit the ultimate flexibility, Aguilar introduces its proprietary Adaptive Gain Shaping circuitry (AGS). AGS allows the player to kick in an additional gain structure and EQ curve with the "stomp" of a button, so bassists can now easily go from modern slap sounds to vintage warmth or overdriven tones. 18-volt operation gives the Tone Hammer enough headroom to reproduce the most dynamic playing styles.
- 3 Band EQ with fully sweepable midrange
- Adaptive Gain Shaping circuitry (AGS)
- D.I. with selectable pre/post operation; balanced XLR
- 18-Volt operation via batteries, phantom power or optional power supply
The Tone Hammer™ is available now at Aguilar Dealers worldwide. No MSRP was announced.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Behringer Bass Synthesizer and 15 others BEHRINGER adds sixteen new effects pedals to its collection of guitar, bass and keyboard effects processors. 24-bit RSM, or Real Sound Modeling pedals utilize DSP algorithms developed by BEHRINGER’s team of acoustic, hardware and software engineers.
- Gallien-Krueger presents Fusion 550 head Gallien-Krueger introduces its first bass head featuring an all tube preamp, the Fusion 550.
- MarkBass CL 152 MarkBass presents the CL 152, a new 2x15" bass cabinet.