Newbasstone Nitewalker bass preamp pedal
Newbasstone, Inc. the electronics manufacturing company founded in 2004 by Clifford Latshaw, a 1979 graduate of Berklee College of Music who is an electric cellist and electric bassist, today introduced the Nitewalker Bass Guitar Tube Preamp, which is a preamp for bassists in search of more control of bass tone with tube or solid state bass amplifiers.
People who have a problem with distortion or are reaching for a better tone quality from their bass gear can now benefit from new bass effects that were never possible before, especially in live situations. .
- 1) Real tube overdrive which creates a different level of distortion and enhances the effect of the Nitewalker even more. Ever heard of a bass amplifier that feeds back?
2) Bi-amp capabilities which allows for greater control of tone with highs going to one amp and lows going to another. This is accomplished through the use of a different value of signal capacitors in the circuit.
3) Separate volume controls for highs and lows in either bi-amp mode or single amp mode. The Nitewalker, which is an analog device, can be placed before or after digital effects in the signal path.
4) The Nitewalker is constructed of a new circuit design which uses paper in oil condensers in combination with modern style condensers. This design is specifically designed for use with bass register musical instruments.
The way this new product works is very simple. The technology has been available for over a half a century, but Newbasstone, Inc. is the first to introduce a product of this type. The suggested list price for the Nitewalker Bass Guitar Tube Preamp is $1195.00, and it's available only from the manufacturer through their website at this time.
People who are very brand conscious may have a harder time attaining a benefit from the use of the Nitewalker Bass Guitar Tube Preamp. It's not being advertised as a cure-all for the bass player blues. It's necessary to match the type of pickup (single coil or humbuckers) with either a tube or solid state amp, and some string brands not as effective as others.
Newbasstone, Inc. is a contemporary American electronics manufacturer with a mission: We provide an innovative line of bass guitar tube preamps to enable bass guitarists to create with other modern digital effects as was never before possible. The word Newbasstone was chosen as a compliment to an early 1960's brand of amplifiers that is no longer in existence: Bass Tone Amplifiers. Newbasstone, Inc. was created for the purpose of marketing bass guitar preamps which use paper in oil condensers in combination with modern technology condensers to make possible an improvement in bass tone worldwide. Or vision: To contribute to the success of many established and aspiring bass guitar players.
For more information, visit their web site here.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Line 6 LowDown LD15 Line 6 announced the availability of its LowDown LD15 15W bass combo.
- Vox amPlug Bass VOX has added two new models to its amPlug range of palm-sized, battery powered, headphone guitar amplifiers: the amPlug Lead and amPlug Bass.
- SR Technology JAM BB300 SR Technology presents the JAM BB300 combo, a new model which was designed specifically for use with double basses (hence the "BB" in the name) but also acoustic, fretless and jazz basses, as well as cellos.