Create an account

or

Thread [Getting started] Recording a saxophone

• 5 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 3 followers
1 [Getting started] Recording a saxophone
Recording a saxophone
Invented by a great Belgian clarinet master around 1840, it is just as widely used in classical music as it is in pop or contemporary music. But it's definitely in jazz where it has gained more prominence, thanks to artists like Charlie Parker, Ornette Coleman, John Coltrane, and Cannonball Adderley. A wind instrument from the brass family, it owns its name to its creator Antoine-Joseph Sax: the saxophone!

Read the article

This thread was created automatically after the publishing of an article. Feel free to post your comments here!
I have never really looked @ the recording of a sax from that angle but it looks quite interesting & a learning experience for me
I'm glad it can be useful to you ! Let us know what you think about it after a test drive ;)
just curious
That's the spirit :)

You know, strange things can happen when you take a look at recording techniques that are specific to other instruments you usually don't record. For instance, recording flute with a lot of mechanical noises for a specific kind of production gave me the idea to use a mic in front of an electric guitar to capture more hands movement sound. Mixed with the take of the amp, the result is quite interesting ! And I would have never thought about this without the flute... Strange, isn't it ?

[ Post last edited on 11/01/2016 at 05:49:14 ]

recording a saxophone was much easier than i thought. Actually learned a lot from this website - https://woodwindy.com/